Views: 54224|Replies: 218

Why are Chinese cities so ugly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-21 19:58:39 |Display all floors
I don't mean to mocking.

But from what I saw in my own eyes, almost all of China cities are ugly. I wonder if China mayor understand about how to build a city?

For example Shanghai. They build skyscrapers everywhere, without any proper city plan. You can build office skyscraper in the middle of residential area, even may be in the middle of rice field too. You can also build hi-rise apartment building anywhere you want. This is funny.

Shanghai bund also very ugly. This place suppose to be an area for European old buildings, but why people can build modern skyscraper in it?

I wonder what is in the head of Shanghai mayor when they starting to build the city in middle of 90. 1993 is not very far behind, and city planning already developed very well. I wonder why Shanghai mayor didn't use city plan to build the city? I also wonder why Shanghai government invite a lot of world class city architect but there's no result. Shanghai still very ugly. Shanghai is far behind of Sydney, Vancouver and Dubai in the city plan.

I also don't know if Chinese people so crazy about European traditional buildings over Chinese own classic architecture. I saw some area in Shanghai, they build a copy of London neighborhood!!! I also saw many Chinese are so crazy about Christianity over Buddhism or Taoism. Do you think Chinese civilization and culture will be extinct in this century just like Mayan civilization?

I believe many Chinese disagree with me, because this is their first time saw modern skyscrapers. But for people who live in developed country, my impression about Shanghai is messy and dirty.. Although Shanghai is still in developing status, but seeing the development pattern, I can already imagine the future ugly Shanghai look like. Do you agree with me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 20:20:33 |Display all floors

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

soree i couldnt complete my little IP here coz i have 2 busta move now  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 20:32:18 |Display all floors

Have you looked yourself in the mirror?

Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-21 19:58
I don't mean to mocking.

But from what I saw in my own eyes, almost all of China cities are ugly. I wonder if China mayor understand about how to build a city?

For example Shanghai. They buil ...

Before talking out of your a@@?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 20:47:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-3-21 20:32

Before talking out of your a@@?

Longzhou, I saw you live in Shanghai. What I said is not a lie. Can you tell me more about Shanghai city plan? I feel confused with the development pattern of the city.

Have you ever saw Sydney, Singapore and Vancouver? They have beauty geographic location and elegance CBD. They clustering all skyscrapers in CBD area and manage carefully the height of the buildings. The result, fantastic view.

Do you think Shanghai planning to build the city like Manhattan by filling entire city with skyscrapers? Since from what I saw, the development pattern of Shanghai is they spread skyscrapers all over the city with any proper plan, regulation and restriction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 21:21:20 |Display all floors
The reason whyCities has been becoming ugly ,in China,recently is complicated

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 22:01:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-21 19:58
I don't mean to mocking.

For example Shanghai. They buil ...

I do agree with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 22:24:05 |Display all floors
BUY                          in a second

DESTROY               in a day

CHASE  AWAY        in an hour

REBUILD                in 6 months

WHO CARES          money is all what's counting.

[ Last edited by unhealthysms at 2010-3-21 10:30 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.