Author: cestmoi

Does religion bring people together? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-5 11:10:45 |Display all floors
i just read last weekend some priests in amerika were attacking Atheists, those sex obessed atheists that hippies preached
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 00:21:38 |Display all floors
Religion is not something separate and apart from ordinary life. It is life -- life of every kind viewed from the standpoint of meaning and purpose: life lived in the fuller awareness of its human quality and spiritual significance.
~ A. Powell Davies ~

It is meant to bring people together; unfortunately it can be used for better or for worse.

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

As “interesting” pointed out, the object is to keep your eye on the ball, and make sure that what you are taught agrees with what “You” read “in its overall context”, open-mindedness with balance is the key to grasping a faith or spiritual concept.

Religious traditions are slow to change and reluctant to accept “new” findings that challenge the way they perceive their faith and in this it becomes dogmatic as opposed to theological opinion.

The gap between science, (i.e., empirical evidence) and faith based philosophies, (i.e., religion), is narrowing.

Science now shows that we are all connected, something that the world’s ancient masters and theologians already knew.

I don’t really have the time to go over the science, but for example look at CERN’s research using the “Large Hadron Collider” and what they are seeking to discover.

Read about the science of “String Theory”, “Double Slit Experiment” aka “the measurement problem”, and “Quantum Entanglement”.

On the philosophical side of things, with the frequent new discoveries of ancient spiritual texts, (The Nag Hammadi Library) and (The Syro-Aramaic Reading of the Koran), now revealing new knowledge, and this in turn changes the metaphysical foundations that were once thought to be “The Truth”.

All this “new information” when combined sheds new light on a very old subject and new thought provoking questions come into play regarding what we used to think about mankind and the universe around us.

Science now teaches that “All” physical matter at the subatomic level is a vibrating frequency, not the solid matter that it “appears” to be to “through our eyes”, every part of this holographic picture is a smaller version of the whole, extending outwards and inwards.

It really is beautiful when you think that we in ourselves are universes, within a universe, within a universe.

All is “One”, we are all interconnected, but with our limited perception of this, it becomes subjective and we can’t see this because of our own reality tunnel.

Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.

I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.

~ Bertrand Russell ~
[size=2]The Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Mankind.[/size]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 02:05:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-15 07:42
Religion, a learned set of beliefs, attitudes, principles and practices.
Is religion a good force or an evil force?
Does religion bring people together or does religion alienate people from one a ...

Usually only if its people of the same religion

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 03:35:52 |Display all floors

Does religion bring people together?

Religions bring uneducated people together who share common ideas particularly about moral issues and racism. religion was the only means of control of the people during feudal times. As anyone can see today in countries where education is lacking such as the US religion still controls a significant part of the population.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 05:27:00 |Display all floors

Proverb 25.2

Originally posted by logosman at 2010-4-6 00:21
Religion is not something separate and apart from ordinary life. It is life -- life of every kind viewed from the standpoint of meaning and purpose: life lived in the fuller awareness of its hum ...

Thxs for a thought-provoking posting.

Did you know that there are basically three main streams of religion: Abrahamic religions, Indian religions, and Taoic religions?
Web Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_religion

What if the hadron collider creates a mini blackhole, what do we do then? Time to kiss our collective backside goodbye?
Web Links
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/15/science/15risk.html
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 05:28:43 |Display all floors

Neck and neck

This is by no means a good sampling size, but it is international. I am mildly surprised by the result so far, neck and neck.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 09:00:51 |Display all floors

Question for the Catholic Church

Are you being self serving?

Ergo Churches are divisive.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.