Author: cestmoi

Does religion bring people together? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-4 07:59:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rockmybaby at 2010-4-3 22:40
It brings people together.
The Easter Mass which I have just attended was as crowded as can be !

Walmart and Tesco bring people together too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 09:39:15 |Display all floors
To RockYourChildishGhod,
You are fooling yourself to misinterpret the several African tokens in your Catholic church as symbols for unity. From South Africa to Italy, the Christian churches are the most racially divided religious institutions in the world. Christian Western societies are profoundly racist, yes, there are pronounced racelines everywhere in Europe, Australia, etc. Your Catholicism blinds you from seeing the problem. Therefore, your faith prevents you from helping to solve the problem of racism.

To Int,
The most Sinophobic church is the nondenominational church. These Christians believe the ghod, a Middle-eastern religious fabrication, as a fact hanging over all people. Hence all people are united to bow to this imagined concept called ghod. This view is very popular on the West coast and Alaska of the United States. Int belongs to this church.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 22:48:41 |Display all floors

There's more to life?

Are churches manifested divisiveness of religion?

Can there be religion without churches? It would be spirituality then, wouldn't it?

There are unresolved, oftentimes sordid and hurtful, issues within the Catholic Church, I won't go into that this Easter and I am not Catholic.

There are issues now between Anglicans and Catholics as disaffected Anglicans do quickie conversion to Catholicism.

And then there are those "religious leaders" who are more rebel-rousing demogogues than anything else.

But I bet more than a few of you want to believe there is more to life than what you see.

With that, I wish you all a Happy Easter.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2010-4-4 10:49 PM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 23:17:35 |Display all floors
it's not religion that divides pple.
it's extrimism that divides...
whether it's religious or political or cultural or racial or intellectual....if  'extrimism' follows , there' going to be unrest...war... and finally destruction....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 01:21:26 |Display all floors
Why dont we all get together and implore the great almighty god to show himself ?

Where the fcuk are you, you snivelling, useless coward ?  

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-5 02:47:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-4-5 01:21
Why dont we all get together and implore the great almighty god to show himself ?

超人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 11:09:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-4-5 01:21

i fear those get-togethers - gweilos style
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.