Author: treaty2

Honor the Treaties [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-11 20:46:59 |Display all floors
Realistically, there is little reason to care about the Uy writing system. They didn't even have one until the 5th century or so and were adopting scripts of other people without any sort of primacy for one or the other of them.

The only point of concern is that the script must be requested from the Chinese central government when it really should be a decision of the Uys themselves and not require any input from the Han invaders.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-11 21:16:06 |Display all floors

if we can find em ourselves...

these days we cant hardly find any native american nor native australian (i asked this 'cause these are the 2 biggest nations that wiped out the entire natives on this planet earth)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 06:07:11 |Display all floors

Reply #71 interesting's post

Han invaders

What Han invaders?  Show me one historical document before 1949 showing the existence of "East Turkestan" or "Uyghuristan".  You will not find any. Instead, you will only find "Chinese Turkestan" and "Russian Turkestan", and the fight for Turkestan independence - just like Tibet - when China was fragmented by foreign aggressors.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 18:49:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-3-28 11:13
>> Of course honor the treaties, but if done strictly will cause a lot of problems.  Much of the land outlined in some of the treaties have just been taken over.<<

NO Excuses. Do it. ...

...agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 18:59:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-3-28 11:15

When you find yourself in a situation you cannot defend you will divert from the topic and put China and/or Chinese down...

Agreed. They're talking about everything but the topic of this thread, of which the indefensibility is self-evident.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 19:01:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-4-11 21:16
these days we cant hardly find any native american nor native australian (i asked this 'cause these are the 2 biggest nations that wiped out the entire natives on this planet earth)  

They are big countries. One is even a continent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-25 20:00:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-4-11 21:16

Many Native Americans have mixed with other peoples here.  My ojibwe friend used to make the joke that everyone he met said they were 1/16th cherokee (as if there were no other tribes).   You're not going to find many 'pure bloods'.   They've been mixing since the europeans first came over.  My husband (we are separated), is chippewa, enough so to keep membership of the tribe (over 60%), but he is mixed as well, having hazel eyes and brown hair.  There were tales of pilgrim women who ran off to join indian bands and many of the early traders had indian wives.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.