Author: treaty2

Honor the Treaties [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-28 19:42:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-3-28 18:57

Based on your logic, then why Australian treat the England Queen as a head of state?

I predict emucc will curse dirty words again, for this is too difficult for him to answer.

Or maybe h ...

I assume, no matter how many times he explains it to you, you won`t get it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-28 19:58:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-3-28 19:42
I assume, no matter how many times he explains it to you, you won`t get it.

Probably, for he continue to mumble on how a Pacific nation should be loyal to a European monarchy.

Worse, that is practiced even after the poor British orphans dumped by the Brits to Australian continent.

I still don't get it, is it a form of masochism?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 14:02:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 17:29:06 |Display all floors

Reply #54 seneca's post

I don't know whether European nations are more 'diverse' than Chinese are; I do agree they are speaking in many more tongues than the Chinese do.

Apart from 56 different nationalities.

The Han Chinese all speak different "tongues".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 19:56:13 |Display all floors

Reply #56 seneca's post

The Mongolians write in the Ui ghur script, the Uighurs have been ordered by the Party

I don't where you get your info and history.

China will be happy to leave it to Ui ghurs to choose what scripts they want.

As for Mongols, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_language

Chinese dialects.  Ask the Hainanese, Guangdongese, Shanghainese, Fujianese, Hubei-ese, etc.  whether they understand each other or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 19:57:40 |Display all floors

These are only the dialects I know of or have experience with

And there are so many dialects that I have never heard of, or experienced with

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-3-30 07:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 20:16:09 |Display all floors
So the Mongolians in China keep their traditional scripts, unlike those in Mongolia who have to experiment with Soviet and Latin scripts.   And yet, Han-Chinese are accused of not keeping (?) the Mongolian language???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_language

Writing systems
Main article: Mongolian writing systems
Mongolian has been written in a variety of alphabets. The traditional Mongolian script was adapted from Uyghur script probably at the very beginning of the 13th century and from that time underwent some minor disambiguations and supplementations. Between 1930 and 1932, a short-lived attempt was made to introduce the Latin script in the Mongolian state, and after a preparatory phase, the Mongolian Cyrillic script was declared mandatory by government decree. From 1991 to 1994, an attempt at reintroducing the traditional alphabet failed in the face of popular resistance.[87] In informal contexts of electronic text production, the use of the Latin alphabet is common.[88]

In the People's Republic of China, Mongolian is a co-official language with Mandarin Chinese in some regions, notably the entire Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. The traditional alphabet has always been used there, although Cyrillic was considered briefly before the Sino-Soviet split.[89] There are two types of written Mongolian used in China: the traditional Mongolian script, which is official among Mongols nationwide, and the Clear script, used predominantly among Oirats in Xinjiang.[90]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.