Author: esoteriksky

Democracy in Hong Kong? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-2-11 01:10:45 |Display all floors

This old chestnut again?

Britain gave up Hong Kong to P.R. China - period, all the talk and paperwork was just for "face saving" purposes.  Those folks in Hong Kong that had the means to leave before the handover, did.  Those that did not have the means are trying to leave before the 40 year "grace period" expires.  Why?  Because beyond the issue of government is the bigger issue of entitlements and welfare checks - which will dry up the moment that "period" is officialy/legally over.

What will be left will be anyone's guess  - much like guessing the amount of gambling money that has been poured into Macau - even though it cannot be a viewed a "safe long-term investment" because of P.R. China's ban on most forms of gambling offered there.

Do not be surprised that near the end of this decade there is going to be an uptick in folks leaving both SAR's.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-11 01:13:13 |Display all floors

Look how China is flourishing

Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-2-11 00:50
look how South Korea has flourished while North Korea is asking for hand out and threatening the world, selling nuclear technology to
terrorist countries..........you can see the the difference Democracy makes......America helded Japan and Germany after WW2 and now they are sucessful and prosperous countries, if you like to call helping former enemies selfice then go ahead.  ...

And look how China is flourishing economically, raising the living standard of its people. Well done, China, encore!
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-11 01:15:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-2-11 01:10

Seems it's you that avoid the raping problem by US troops in Okinawa.

see edited post # 96

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-11 01:22:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-2-11 01:04
especially when considering that soldiers in China receive very low wages and I would imagine that many Chinese soldiers would have troube to attract wifes, meanwhile Japanese girls would do well to have an American soldier as a husband.....(good pay, good pension etc.)

I bet you anything the brothels near Chinese military bases are very busy places. ...

Typical losing debate.

You use "I would imagine" and "I bet" to counter a fact, facts that US soldiers raped Okinawan girls and unwanted there.

But I'm familiar with your logic, you'll use more illusion and personal imagination for your basis of debate.

So boring.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-11 01:26:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-2-11 01:08

South Korea?

Of course the US need to support them, for a geopolitical cause neutralizing adversaries in northeast Asia. Nothing for free.

See how the US dumped Phillipines when the nati ...

you mean to protect against communist China's expansionist policies

to ward off another attack by China.

something Taiwan is very conscious of.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-11 01:29:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-2-11 01:26
you mean to protect against communist China's expansionist policies

to ward off another attack by China.

something Taiwan is very conscious of.

Korean border is only several kilometers from China.

US closest distance to Korea are several thousand miles.

So, who is the expansionist?

Don't use your illusion please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-11 01:31:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-2-11 01:22

Typical losing debate.

You use "I would imagine" and "I bet" to counter a fact, facts that US soldiers raped Okinawan girls and unwanted there.

But I'm  ...

are you saying I'm wrong????  1+1 still equals 2 even in China yes?

[ Last edited by esoteriksky at 2010-2-11 01:36 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.