Views: 3851|Replies: 21

FBI puts Spanish parliament member in trouble! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-17 18:00:01 |Display all floors
The USA thru it’s embassy in Madrid, sent their apologies to Gaspar LLamazares, Spanish member of parliament for having used a partial photograph of him to make a robot picture of an elderly Osama Bin Laden. To do so, the FBI copied and pasted the white hair of the MP from an election banner that they claim they found from internet.
The photograph was displayed during this week by the State Department. Yesterday is was taken down and the picture only appears now with a tuebant that covers the head.
Llamazares, that yesterday declared that he reserves his rights to start legal actions for this attack to his image, received a call from Spanish PM José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, who told him that he thought this was “very serious” and guaranteed to him that he will ask for an explanation from the USA Ambassador in Madrid. Later during the day the secretary of public affairs of the Embassy (number 3 of the USA Embassy) called the MP to offer apologies.
According to an American source the error is due because a technician used a “non authorized” procedure to recreate the image, as it is to download an image from internet. What he didn’t mention was what type of key words this person used to get to LLamazares. The Embassy has asked the FBI to investigate and send a report about the incident. When all this had already happened (Spanish newspaper) El Mundo, published in their web that for another older version image of Atiyah Abd al-Rahman, they had also used the same MP’s image. Yesterday after 8pm the picture was still available on the web.
Llamazares is the spokes person of the Foreign Affairs Commission of the Spanish Parliament and yesterday he said he will not travel with this commission to Lebanon next January 18th for fears of having problems after his picture was mistakenly disclosed. He also said he will go to USA or nothing that has to do with that country. “Bin Laden’s is safe, I am not” he declared.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 19:48:59 |Display all floors
They've been using Sacha Baron Cohen to supply OBL's voice in his most recent audiotapes. Perhaps they thought they could take more liberties with how they supplied his visual image.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 20:00:19 |Display all floors

I forgot.....

to give the link to this news and mention that this has been translated by myself, so any mistake is my ffault and not the newspaper's.

link: w w w . e l p a i s . c o m

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 22:38:35 |Display all floors

The FBI

Fibs and Bullcrap Incorporated.

Perhaps they can have a part in SBC's next movie. A comedy, of course.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 12:19:57 |Display all floors
I would seriously doubt he's in any danger and it's not the CIA's fault that Llamarez looks like a terrorist.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 13:25:34 |Display all floors

I agree too with....

Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-18 12:19
I would seriously doubt he's in any danger and it's not the CIA's fault that Llamarez looks like a terrorist.

your first comment. Doesn't seem he will be in danger. I disagree with the second one; it is really dangerous to think that the authorities, in this case in USA, use the image of a public person (a politician) to depict a terrorist.

Do you think that the fact that he is a member of IU (Izquierda Unida), a party formed from the bases of the PCE (Communist Party of Spain) would have something to do with this?

Knowing how your police and military agencies act...I wouldn't be suprised!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 13:33:43 |Display all floors

Bush

....is the terrorist.
2hit7.gif

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.