Author: ichiban

Is the Death Sentence wrong? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-9-24 10:58:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by plugandplay at 2009-9-24 09:14

Would it not be a shame to allow the "killers" to guide us ?

How about guides killing us?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-24 11:04:45 |Display all floors

support

i agree it because death sentence should think about many reason

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-24 13:55:50 |Display all floors
I have always believed that the death penalty is wrong for a number of reasons.

1. If later on they find that the person given the death sentence was innocent then it is too late because that person is dead.

2. The death penalty is an act of revenge on the person who committed the crime. Acts of revenge are morally incorrect, no matter how bad the person is. (Anyone in China ever seen the old Brad Pitt movie "Seven", brilliant example of this.)

3. In my opinion, giving the convicted person the death penalty is a win for that person and a loss for the those affected by the persons crime. If kept in jail forever it gives the person time to eventually feel remorseful about what they did. Even if it takes 10 or 20 or 30 years, eventually that person will come to understand and feel remorseful about what they did.  That's all victims of crime want, for that person to understand the pain they have caused, to make them understand what they have done. Then the circle of the crime is complete and the person will now deal with the consequences of their actions. No matter how bad that person is, a human being is a human being and they will understand. Simply killing them cuts off the process of understanding, in effect giving victory to the convicted person in a sense. For the person to understand exactly what they have done, feel terribly guilty and remorseful for it, and then spend the rest of their life rotting in jail for it, THAT IS JUSTICE!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-24 14:40:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middleway at 2009-9-24 13:55
I have always believed that the death penalty is wrong for a number of reasons.

1. If later on they find that the person given the death sentence was innocent then it is too late because that pe ...

So silly this reply from westerners

are u from SPCA???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-24 15:05:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2009-9-24 04:30
Shame you didn't have your glasses on when you read what I put. It was in answer to a death sentance,  not the threat of having the death penalty in force. silly boy
Wan an wo de peng you; ...

Yes, I know what you wrote. That's why the *second half* of my response debunked exactly what you are saying above (again).

Most killers *do not* kill more than once. Look up "murders per 1,000 population" and "convicted murderers per 1,000 population" and you'll see that the numbers are very nearly the same. So the *vast majority* of killers kill once, and once only. Q.E.D.

Unfortunately, simply *repeating* what you originally said without any further evidence doesn't win arguments. Which is why in my last post, and this one, I provided EVIDENCE that you can CHECK FOR YOURSELF.

Have you got any? Any at all? Or will you just repeat yourself again?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-24 15:30:08 |Display all floors

Food for thought?

Most of us are bought up not to steal, rape or kill.

We all know that if you touch fire you get burnt.

We all know the law regarding killing someone, weather its life imprisonment or the death penalty.

And each and every individual is protected from the above law........... if they keep within.

The rules and the law are very clear!

If someone goes out and kills and they know the law, isn't it the responsibility for that individual to face the consequences of their actions?

What is more evil, the law itself or the criminal that activates it by causing the crime?

/Users/bodeoluwa/Desktop/SpeedyGonzales.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-24 15:50:03 |Display all floors
So silly this reply from westerners

Why is this a silly statement????? It's happened many times in the past, the wrong person has been killed. Give me your reasons for saying this is a silly statement. And also give me your reasons for saying such a racist comment also.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.