Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-22 21:25:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-22 22:10:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by plugandplay at 2009-9-22 20:52
kbay,

The   " F u e h r e r "   has more admirer among hard line   M u s l i m    countries than he ever had in Germany.

I am not sure why those Pakistanis and others have a fable a ...

Come on guys, this is History.

I use to travel to Germany all the time, have lots of Germany friends. What happened in Germany does not relate to every German alive now.

Why are we getting political?

Can't you just agree to disagree?

:):):):)
/Users/bodeoluwa/Desktop/SpeedyGonzales.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-23 07:58:21 |Display all floors

Of hope, demption and civilisation!

Originally posted by amyamy at 2009-9-22 16:43
What is"unethical"? And when?

It all depends on the civilization progress and the resources situation of one country to decide whether to put the very dangerous criminal to death or se ...

What is"unethical"? And when?
It is always unethical to snuff out a sentient, self-cognitive live and take away all hope of redemption. That happens when a person is executed.

It all depends on the civilization progress and the resources situation of one country to decide whether to put the very dangerous criminal to death or separate him/her from the rest for a long period. If the country is very lack of resources to feed or guard this dangerous criminal, I don't think it's unethical to put him/her to death. Otherwise it'd be unethical for depleting the resources on a dangerous persons while the resources can use on others.

I agree that some developed countries should not implement death sentence on the ethical principle.

About vengeance, keeping a person in prison for a long period is also a kind of vengeance if there's no way of "reforming" him/her.
Reform or rehabilitation is the desired outcome, it is quite possible that the person in question must remain in supervised labour and medication and it is a civilised society's way of giving hope. Keeping a criminal behind bars protects both the criminal and society.

Remember this adage: one measure of how civilised our society is depends on how we treat and extend help and hope against all base instinct to exact revenge.

As for those who believe that no one should have the right to take away other's life. Again, I can agrue that no one should have the right to take away one's freedom.
Will you take away hope?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-23 08:07:47 |Display all floors

Heinous crimes and moral precepts

Originally posted by wayves at 2009-9-22 19:54
Some crimes are so heinous that a death sentence is appropriate

Of course heinous crimes offend our sense of morality and our ethical precepts, hence your use of the adjective 'heinous'  to modify your noun. So does state sponsored vengeance killings.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2009-9-23 08:09 AM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-23 11:06:58 |Display all floors
Actually ,
if someone know that thing is not right  but  still do that ,
then she or he hurts someone or disturb the social order .
In my opinion ,
it should be sentenced according to the severity.
He or she will be sentenced in Death Sentence eventually .
That's normal .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.