Views: 35690|Replies: 88

do you like cheongsam (qípáo) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-13 10:43:49 |Display all floors
The cheongsam is a body-hugging (modified in Shanghai) one-piece Chinese dress for women; the male version is the changshan. It is known in Chinese as the qípáo (旗袍), qípáor (旗袍儿), and is also known in English as a mandarin gown. The stylish and often tight-fitting cheongsam or qipao (chipao) that is most often associated with today was created in the 1920s in Shanghai and was made fashionable by socialites and upperclass women.
untitl.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-13 11:28:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by smile_elle at 2009-5-13 10:43
The cheongsam is a body-hugging (modified in Shanghai) one-piece Chinese dress for women; the male version is the changshan. It is known in Chinese as the qípáo (旗袍), qípáor (旗袍儿), and is  ...

Yes,i like it.when dressed by China's women,it is very perfect!I cann't describe my feeling by word.However,when i saw cheongsam dressed in Western,I felt embarrassed.Maybe it is just suitable for Eastern.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-13 12:02:05 |Display all floors
it is really suitable for those women who keeping good shapes.
Although it was created long time ago, it seems that it is still very fashionable and popular today .
Some foreigners like it as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-13 12:18:52 |Display all floors

Reply #1 smile_elle's post

I'd look terrible in one, coz I'm a man, but they are beautiful when worn by Chinese women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-13 13:19:25 |Display all floors

reply#2&3&4

cheongsam is a dress embodied chinese culture which performs its Implicit & Classical Beauty and highlights the elegance of Chinese women.

here is the pic of men's changshan
Qmx1ZSUyMGhpbA==_zXCSWjHjUsxY.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-13 13:28:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2009-5-13 12:18
I'd look terrible in one, coz I'm a man, but they are beautiful when worn by Chinese women.

U CRAZY MAN wanna be GAYBOY  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-13 13:37:05 |Display all floors
love it to death.... just have problem to sqeeze myself into the outfit... >_<

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.