Views: 1359|Replies: 4

What is traditional Chinese ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-6 22:44:56 |Display all floors
With China changing so rapidly what does someone mean when they say they are  traditional Chinese? They bind their feet? They have several wives? They wear traditional Chinese clothing? What does it mean to you and is it good or bad to be traditional.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 18:36:48 |Display all floors
I hope our patriotics chinese can asnwer you well this question

they are expert in foreign issues so no doubt they will help u better

right?

where is tongu, toto, markliu, buddy, changdy and the big groupy????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 18:37:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2009-5-6 22:44
With China changing so rapidly what does someone mean when they say they are  traditional Chinese? They bind their feet? They have several wives? They wear traditional Chinese clothing? What does i ...

When the girls say they are traditional, they mean conservative. A bit lost in translation there.
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 23:32:14 |Display all floors
hard working diligent and warm hearted,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-8 11:00:52 |Display all floors
Mindless drones? Just kidding. I think what they are trying to express is that they follow the norms and values instilled on them from their family. So, there is no universal, it depends on what was emphasized in the household. I doubt anyone is referring to following the norms of pre-modern China or claiming they completely follow every word Confucius wrote, but they do bring down the norms that exist in their family.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.