Views: 7603|Replies: 0

Name: Ashley St.Claire Email:ashleystc@yahoo.com [Copy link] 中文

anonymoustext  Post time 2009-4-6 01:22:28
Visit: politicalsnapshots.wordpress.com

The colonial mentality.

I thought I had penned and posted my last article, “stimulus Galore”, before this G-20 meeting in London. I was waiting until its conclusion to write my comments on the outcome of the meeting. Mood and circumstance changed, and I had to write this article.

As a good student of my philosopher friend K.T., I have always let things pass. “ Let it go”, he would say. It is not that I don’t see them, but it is in my nature to ignore weaknesses and cheap illogical reasoning.

But again, no one has patience without limits. Sometimes, when certain people show utter ignorance of reality, when their miserable toxic arrogance reaches a state of mythological proportions, they need to be told. They need to be dislodged. Oh! My businessman friend would say, “I told you so”.

While I am not one to rant and rave, what pushed my patience to its limits is that I read, that a certain Howard Davies, director of the London School of Economics, is quoted as saying,(wash.post.3-31-09) “ but while we may have messed things up royally, that doesn’t mean we should be taking advice from Argentina.”

Dear Sir, please forgive me. You sound like a sore looser colonialist. But again, I could be wrong. May I say, for one who has “ messed things up royally”, you should thank God and accept advice from anyone willing to share them with you. It can’t be any worse than what you have created. You need to apologize to the people of Argentina, and explain what your wise-self was trying to say.

I hope, president Obama will use his global popularity to push for the inclusion of developing nations to be part of the decision making process that affect them.

To be governed by rules and regulations that one has not participated in, need to cease.

I am sure, president Obama as a very intelligent person, realizes that he is not doing China or any other developing country a favor. When they are included in the decision making process, it is only the reality. We are truly facing a global disaster and it calls for a truly global solution.

Wise economic advice should also be welcomed from Africa. After all, who has paid more sacrifice than Africa for the economic mess created by the industrialized world?

The world needs “change”. Acceptable norms in economic relationships of the past are gone. Unrestrained and unregulated capitalism ( anarcho-capitalism) has destroyed them. It is also possible, that some might want the colonial economic relationship to continue. The fact is it can not.

Mekonen Haddis

Use magic tools

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.