Author: spiritrace

STREET FOOD!!!!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-6 17:20:59 |Display all floors
that depends.   
some times people eat the same street food from one vendor, but have different reaction of their stomaches!
i am always fine after eating many street food! hahah

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 12:18:05 |Display all floors

-

In Bangkok there were a lot of stands like chicken cooked in different ways... Anyway you look at it, chicken is just good food. Nothing added except spices.  Pull it apart and inside is is no different from what you have in your home.
   There were a surprising number of fruit drink stands....I tried a number of these and there was nothing added.... They used a "Juicer" which removes the juice and leaves the fruit pulp behind... You could watch them take the fruit and process it. Can't get any better than that.
   One guy in Saraburi made a delicious Muslim pastry with a sweet coconut sauce mixed with it that was just delicious.
   Most of the soups were quite healthy and also delicious. Each had it's basic unique taste. I watched them make the food that I ate and I just had no problem with the cleanlieness or how it was prepared.
   I did not find any evidence of any of the vendors putting in chemicals or things that were not healthy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 12:59:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2009-5-7 12:18
In Bangkok there were a lot of stands like chicken cooked in different ways... Anyway you look at it, chicken is just good food. Nothing added except spices.  Pull it apart and inside is is no diff ...

It's amazing  you loved street food so much. Me as well. Hope you can find some street food recipes and even the"secret recipe" of your favorite.
Have a nice trip!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 13:07:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magicrus at 2009-5-5 14:49
i just don't believe food could be delicious and healthy... just think about the fat-free milk... ya, it's healthy.. but delicious????

street food, delicious for sure!!! i just love them! but he ...

You always have the risk or chance of eating unhealthy food as long as you are not at home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 14:19:34 |Display all floors
Street food is also a lifestyle in some coutries.Some peoples or tourists like very much.But don't greedy for it.

Like many things,too much is bad and enough is ready!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 14:58:23 |Display all floors
no idea. i found so many guys like to eat toast-fish in Bangkok, but it seems unhealthy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-11 22:38:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2009-3-17 11:37
I'll be going to Bangkok in 10 days and on this trip I will be trying the street food offered by the many vendors. There will be many Asian influences. Hope I can post some basic recipes and photos ...

I guess it is very spicy.Fruits are perfect!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.