Views: 11015|Replies: 26

my girlfriend is Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-15 17:19:50 |Display all floors
Okay I'm going to be straight forward with what I'm about to say.

I'm a black guy and I have a Chinese Girlfriend. We've been going out just over a year now.
We are both positive and opened minded people and are not bothered what the small minded people that pass comments
about our relationship.

I have been to China many times and have even meet her family, who have really like me and accept our relationship.
Her parents were a little curious about me at first because there have never met a black guy before, but really wanted to know me as a person. I really like her family.

I think its really sad that more people can't adapt this way of thinking. Its sad that people just judge other people by the
colour of there skin or what there see on TV.

I live in the UK and I have seen many situations of racism. I've seen Chinese people racist towards black people and have
seen White people being racist to Chinese people, all because they have a negative understanding of each other, where will it all end?

I read a few of this forums and think most of he comment are negative racist toward black people.
By writing such negative comments, it justifies and gives all people the right to be racist. It gives the right for white people to be racist towards Chinese people and not give them equal opportunities in counties outside of there own.

All this racism needs to stop and people should be judged by who they are and not what they are. They are good and bad
people in all races.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-15 23:01:05 |Display all floors

we're WHAT we are...

ichiban--it doesnt matter where we are...people still callin us name & labelin us (i heard of hispanish & african americans makin fun of chinese like they have never seen asians in america); as long as we DONT look or speak the same even if we do...people still have blatter mouth 'bout it (i learn not to overcome).  not ev'rybody's has the mentality like you & i have  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 01:40:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ichiban2000 at 2008-12-15 17:19
I live in the UK and I have seen many situations of racism. I've seen Chinese people racist towards black people and have
seen White people being racist to Chinese people, all because they have a negative understanding of each other, where will it all end?

I read a few of this forums and think most of he comment are negative racist toward black people.

Welcome to the CD BBS ...

You will also find many posters here racist towards white people. They should heed your advice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 17:14:58 |Display all floors
i ofter think that other contries are more open than our country,
don't be worry about these

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-21 04:21:39 |Display all floors
We are both positive and opened minded people and are not bothered what the small minded people that pass comments   about our relationship.

That's the point. You love each other and you don't care about other people opinion.
That's right. My best wishes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-21 06:28:40 |Display all floors

Get over it

We can get as angry as we want about racism or just get over it. The only true way to overcome racism is through time....by teaching our children that race truly doesn't exist and we just are a people as 1.

It has nothign to do with 1 specific race towards another cause its all of them. Not just white to chinese but black to chinese, arab to chinese, hispanic to chinese its a global thing and its VICE VERSA so don't start thinking superiority already Chinese folks.

Just teach your children and many others will do the same, and as we become more of a global world it will lesson...but truth is, there are people out there who are racist and that will pass forward, it will just be their children to break the line and say "no" through education and the schools

-D

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 10:34:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ichiban2000 at 15-12-2008 17:19
Okay I'm going to be straight forward with what I'm about to say.

I'm a black guy and I have a Chinese Girlfriend. We've been going out just over a year now.
We are both positive and opened m ...

racism. happens ALL over the world. Not a thing to concern or worry about. Just accept that it will always exist.
I do think its good that you try to learn and accept and study many things in China, so that her family can and will accept you more.  Mostly its not about straight racism, but more a difference that they cannot accept, think its "weird", not used to, therefore not acceptable. It takes time and experience for this to change. Sometimes it can be a long while, which everyone in the worlds knows and has to know. The power of habits are THAT strong.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.