Views: 8541|Replies: 11

US Puppets - Taiwan? or China? or Both? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-3-8 21:45:08 |Display all floors
I just want to look at the the claim by many in the forum that "taiwan is a US puppet" with objectivity, which I hope does not offend our Chinese nationalism. I am a 100% Chinese living in America, I just want to share my view about this whole "puppet" thing.

A political puppet -  One whose behavior is determined by the will of others.

According to that definition, it is clear without doubt that Chen Shuibien is a puppet of the United States because the fire he is playing with is certainly fueld by the US ambiguity stand on the issue.  As long as Taiwan is a problem to China's economy and politics, the US has the upper hand. So, get this, the current ambiguous status quo puts America in the best position to exploit and manipulate both the Taiwanese and Chinese people. I believe that Taiwan's status quo and its tacit support by the US presents a much larger threat than it would if it were either independent or unified with China.

Let's now look at China. America is slowly invading China with their soft power. Part of the reason why the US is the superpower is their ability to get the rest of the world to want the things they want. Look at the Chinese younger generation today - they love the NBA, they buy Houston Rockets jerseys, they want to work for American companies because they get paid better, the smart ones... actually, the best ones in China's best universities (Beijing and Qinhua) are all trying to come to the US.... i dont remember the exact percentage, but most of them do not return after their studies here.  Just last year or a few years ago, I heard a whole class of biotech students in Beijin University was recruited by some US biotech company.  Our best brain power in China is, unfortunately, being exported. Now, you might argue that they will go back one day and contribute to their motherland... but as far as I am concerned, it's very unlikely.  Besides, as we speak,Chinese factories producing American goods are also producing tons of pollutants and damaging the Chinese landscape... and the same work conditions in the US do not apply to the workers in China. And you wonder why the US coroporations love China so much?

Another US puppet is Japan, who recently also became their attack dogs, like the Brits. Have you guys noticed how these two US puppets (Taiwan and Japan) are in bad relations with China?

America has the Chinese doing just what they want - fighting among each other. The fight is only verbal and diplomatic now... but it could escalate if either side not back off.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 15:36:05 |Display all floors

agree

I agree with you, but it doesn't a matter if China could become stronger and stronger.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 16:03:25 |Display all floors

betterchina

I doubt if you have ever been in America. I am very suspicious that you live in China, but pose as someone living in America.

Your post is far too nebulous, so full of party-line, simplistic thinking based upon the doctrinal mythology of those who have no idea of what America is. Also, your command of English is far too rudimentary, lacking the characteristics of a native English speaker.

Most certainly, you have NO knowledge of economics and policy.

Everyone should be aware that you are patronizing and condescending in whom you call puppets. You strongly imply that the people of China are uneducated and backwards for wanting to live in the 21st century and have that which comes with the modern world.

You suggest, in the tone of what you say, that the people of China should live in rural villages, in mud and stick huts and squat to eat their humble bowls of rice and fish heads! You are very insulting!

Japan is no puppet. I was angered that--on one of their forums--some of their university science students were extremely angry that the American government refused to allow them to have advanced software that had military applications for missles that could be used to target other Asian nations.

Japan and Taiwan do what they want to do, without American permission. The only control that America has over Japan is to enforce the provisions of their surrender to America, after World War 2, that they DO NOT create an offensive army nor collaborate with other nations in such a way as to be part or aid to being a military threat.

Chen and the T*a-i-w*an people act completely on thier own volition. In fact, Bush had to try to convince Chen to lower the level of his rhetoric.

Bush and his gang are building factories and corporate offices in China, sending American jobs to China, so the traitor corporations can avoid paying taxes in America and increase their obscene profits. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs, which has resulted in having banks foreclose on their homes, cars, and other possessions.

While American companies help China prosper, many Americans are living in poverty without any medical care or enough food!

Rather than creating friendship between China and America, millions of American people are beginning to hate China, and soon, they will even want war, although it is precisely Bush and his corporate cronies who are giving away America's jobs and the people's ability to have a decent life.

So, betterchina, don't be a liar, pretending to be in America. You can't fool real Americans!!!

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2004-3-10 16:13:26 |Display all floors

Shut Up you idiot lunatic fringe dweller of the western running dogs.

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 17:47:20 |Display all floors

blue tiger again, nasty is as nasty does.

You are a mean spirit blue tiger.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 18:34:18 |Display all floors

blue tiger - SHUT UP ! - YOU ANTI-CHINA SLIME !!!

chairman wrote:

"Shut Up you idiot lunatic fringe dweller of the western running dogs.

betterchina, wrote it well, said it well.

Your ant-China and China hate stance and position is well known blue tiger.

You can't fool American's, what a stupid dumb and idiotic thing to say.

Because you can fool American's is exactly why the WORLD has a problem and people all over the WORLD get killed and starved to death.

Reality check for the moron blue tiger.

2004-03-10 16:13"

chairman wrote:

Because you can fool American's is exactly why the WORLD has a problem and people all over the WORLD get killed and starved to death.

chairman wrote:

REPLY: Well said chairman!  blue tiger - SHUT UP !! SHUT UP !! SHUT UP !!

- arksi-03101831

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 18:46:30 |Display all floors

Shut Up is right. What else can you say to that blue tiger.

He writes foul, thinks foul, speaks foul and is foul.
A nasty writer.
His most dirty posts have been reserved for Chinese men.
His feeling about Chinese women are nearly as bad.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.