Views: 104567|Replies: 538

Concentrate on making 2008 harvest a success [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-24 10:11:05 |Display all floors
Increased demand from rapidly developing nations such as China, the use of crops for biofuels, global stocks at 25-year lows and market speculation are blamed for pushing prices of wheat, corn and rice to record highs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 13:10:45 |Display all floors

Reply #1 interethnic's post

i don't know how the Amerikan Regime "twist and turn" our discussion on bio fuel, initially concentrating on ETHANOL from highly productive sugar cane, beet sugar and cassave to that used for food!!!!!! Using corn for biofuel, hmmm!

crazy!

Anyway, those products such as cassave can easily be converted into "animal feed", or as "flour" to feed people, should there be shortfalls.

cheerios!

Red Dragon
God of Happiness

note: most nations have stockpiles of food, and adjustment can be made quite quickly. Anyway, let's see what the new game is going to. alas.....it's just a smokescreen, I think!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 17:09:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-4-24 13:10
i don't know how the Amerikan Regime "twist and turn" our discussion on bio fuel, initially concentrating on ETHANOL from highly productive sugar cane, beet sugar and cassave to that used ...

Right!! Let China and all friendly developing countries  work together to produce food crops with golden super abundant harvests, in so doing we could thwart the evil scheme of KKK in their daylight robbery of the poor!
Burma, Laos, N. Korea, China, Nepal, plus Africa, Central Asia, Latin America, all with huge arable lands for food crops cultivations.
Some crops are cheaper and easier to grow than corn, e.g like cassavo, sugar cane,sweet potatoes and soya, can thrive in poor soil and relatively dry conditions.!
So start work now!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 17:20:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interethnic at 2008-4-24 10:11
Increased demand from rapidly developing nations such as China, the use of crops for biofuels, global stocks at 25-year lows and market speculation are blamed for pushing prices of wheat, corn and  ...

70% are by market forces.....

15% Markup........advertisements,etc....

15% are by Speculators...........

btw, planting foods can be CHEAP.......but getting them into the MARKET becomes EXPENSIVE
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 12:13:32 |Display all floors

Reply #4 caringhk's post

crazy news.
I just heard on radio, US$1 per kg for Thailand's rice!!!!!!

Imagine, chicken cost only US$1.5 per kg in Malaya.
and we know 1kg of chicken meat = 3kg of rice.

Mr. Samak already make joke of this in BANGKOKPOST online news.

Wonder, how many people in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaya knows this. This is where Thailand's 3 m tonnes of rice exports goes to besides the desperate Phillipines/Indonesians which needs around 3m tonnes! But today, Mr. Samak said, Malayan only spend less than 12% on food.....

he expects Thai rice export to fall as a result.

THIS EXPLAINs why Malayan needs to have indigeneous chicken and pork farms to feed the population. Afterall Chicken, pork can feed on a variety of foods. My staff just said, might have to learn how to cook western, have grilled chicken with pepper sauce + cheap boiled corn!

ha ha ha

Red Dragon
Happy as ever!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 12:17:07 |Display all floors

I think it would be wise for Hong Kongers to start importing....

....cheap chicken and pork from Thailand and Malaya!

ha ha ha

Red Dragon
God of Happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 13:01:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-4-25 12:17
....cheap chicken and pork from Thailand and Malaya!

ha ha ha

Red Dragon
God of Happiness

Chicken is OK but Pork no way as NO land to breed them, all Bumis
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.