Author: interethnic

Concentrate on making 2008 harvest a success [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-2 13:58:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lingzhen at 2008-5-2 13:43

yes, they're quite delicious! actually i often eat xiao long bao or mantou as breakfast
and i'm sure you'll also like shaomai, zongzi....

shaomai like as found in dim sum

zongzi like these during Duan Wu
xin_DWsEggs160604191029485264433.jpg
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 14:19:09 |Display all floors

Reply #49 correction's post

Let's go back to some post many moon ago.

You remember the sewage treatment system in Singapore.
Well, as China urbanized, we could possibly treat and separate the nitrates/phosporus in the urine and faeces as cheap by product for our grain farms.
Thus, the city folks pays for water treatment to clean the rivers, groundwaters.

The faeces, urine, organic waste can be used as ENERGY (methane production), the FERTILIZERs subsidize the rice farmers.....thus in future 5 hectares + cheap fertilizers x 6.5 tonnes x Rmb2 per kg = Rmb65,000 per family.

It will support TRACTOR, COMBINED HARVESTER industry.

You will still need pesticides, some additional trace/chemical fertilizers to the farmers.
Rice Quota or  Rice Plantation zones will be needed, where high yielding rice is planted or tasty rice/high price rice.
Those farmers needing to grow cheap, high yielding rice will be given BIGGER FIELDs.

cheerios!

Red Dragon
God of Happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 14:20:09 |Display all floors

Reply #57 greendragon's post

actually we might need that in Malaya!

ha ha ha

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 15:01:07 |Display all floors

I was watching Malayan TV on rice production.

What struck me as odd was discussion on 5 crop cycles a year by the "rice expert".

Now, i was always certain rice needed between 100 - 110 days to mature either in Wet or Upland rice varieties.
Therefore, the world community should figure out the "Mardi" expert opinion on the 5 crop annual cycle.

That means only 60 - 70 days crop cycle.

It must be some new kind of crop. I will be paying a little bit more attention to the developments at Sekinchan where he mentions 13 t/hectare production.

wow!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 15:01:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-5-2 14:19
Let's go back to some post many moon ago.

You remember the sewage treatment system in Singapore.
Well, as China urbanized, we could possibly treat and separate the nitrates/phosporus in the uri ...

Right!! 1.3 billion peoples' poop could really produce lots of methane gas for power generation! Plus, as you rightly said residues to be used as fertilizers, not only cost effective but also more environmental friendly!

China should also look into traditional organic farming methods that would produce safer food crops and are more environmental friendly!

China now has the money and expertise,
so now's the time to greatly invest in infrastructures for agricultural productions,e.g  like dams, irrigation systems, roads and railways linking production bases to market places, increase in R & D, conduct more geological surveys to locate water resources, especially in the arid north and northwestern regions that would help in turning vast arid lands into productive farmlands and verdert forests!

Right!! Let there be a green revolution in China & Asean to successfully combatting and thwarting KKK 'new war game' on staple foods!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 15:03:06 |Display all floors

Each cycle supposed to produce 1.5 t - 2.0t per cycle per hectare.

amazing!

China should send some experts to learn from the Malayan Mardi experts.
Unlike the fake Meiguoracing, people in the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM should seek information from wherever source possible.

Green Dragon

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2008-5-2 03:04 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 15:06:48 |Display all floors

Reply #61 correction's post

I would suggest UPLAND rice crop and DRIP agriculture.

AND use the hot desert if it's possible to obtain fresh water from sea water.

ha ha ha

might not be economical but a wild idea nonetheless!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.