Author: interethnic

Concentrate on making 2008 harvest a success [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-29 10:39:50 |Display all floors

Mr. CaringHK, i love cartoons!

I think Bugs Bunny is Hanna Barbara.

Mickey Mouse, Daffy Duck is from Disney.

and with DC comics, we have Superman, Ironman, Spiderman etc.

I am going to buy some cartoons and watch.
Much more fun than some of the rubbish being produced nowadays.

ha ha ha

That's all folks!!!!

Red Dragon
God of Happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-30 11:51:20 |Display all floors

A major point was ignored here

A major point was ignored here. If one lives on a dollar a day, one doesn´t care about facts concerning biofuels. The rise in food prices is all one thinks about. Although this column can´t match the intectual depths of Monday`s, I still can´t imagine anyone takes seriously anything written here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-30 11:53:12 |Display all floors

haha

thank you for speaking the truth. the drumbeat against biofuels has rapidly filled the airwaves. I drive a biodiesel-powered vehicle. my fuel is made from *recycled* vegetable oil. the sudden opposition seems almost choreographed.

imagine where we’d be if we’d begun funding cellulosic ethanol research 8 years ago.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-30 12:06:45 |Display all floors

Reply #44 interethnic's post

production cost of vastly productive plants such as sugar cane, beet, cassave was only US$90 per tonne!

Such farms needs to be INTERGRATED, and even today, those lands in the MEKONG delta does not have market for grain, even if grown.
Might as well do BIOFUELs.
It not only give China an INSTRUMENT to prevent further market price increase of fuel, and also make Laotian, South Western ethnic groups wealthy.

Red Dragon
God of Happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-30 14:01:49 |Display all floors
Current food crisis has nothing to do with food shortage!
Bio-fuel is not the cause for today's food crisis!
The world could produce enough foods for all mankind and even surplus for Bio-fuel
It's all about price manipulations by speculators to rake in hefty profits at the expense of the poorest ot the poor!
All those nations caught in this current crisis are those that didn't prepare themselves for such a situation!
Hence, there's urgent an need for more investments into agricultural productions in all these poor nations so as to produce enough to feed themselves and sell all surplus foods to earn hard currency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 11:28:59 |Display all floors

Reply #47 correction's post

Wake up Mr. Correction.

The Amerikans has a TARGET in this "hoopla on food shortages".
Imagine, they purposely use unproductive corn for ethanol production.

ha ha ha

Told you some game is happening, ASEAN could be a target.

But, original target has been "crude oil shortages" via Iraq or Persia distabalization.

cheerios!

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 12:49:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-5-2 11:28
Wake up Mr. Correction.

The Amerikans has a TARGET in this "hoopla on food shortages".
Imagine, they purposely use unproductive corn for ethanol production.
ha ha ha

Told you  ...

GD, I'm slowing getting what you mean by 'new game' here.
But I guess not every country in Asean is affected, only and except the Philippines.
Perhaps the reason being that Asean has close rapport with China to withstand any attack in this new game!
Or maybe, it might even backfire, benefitting China & Asean instead thru increase cooperations and reaping the windfall of staples' price hike!!

Ethanol, I think Asean has other better alternative crops than corn, e.g. cassavo, sago, rice stalks, taro, oil palms and etc that are far more easier to grow , cheaper and far more productive and higher yielding than corn, don't you agree?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.