Author: thepeop

Exit Spielberg, stage left [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-24 01:05:33 |Display all floors
Mengzhi has contributed far more than steven spielberg ever has..

get rid of Steven Spielberg and make room for Mengzhi.

right..

good for steven for making his stand against a country he feels isnt doing its best to adhere to the true olympic spirit

his show was guaranteed to be something very special, and based around caring and a new brighter future filled with intelligence for the world..

how could any artist complete such a task when the country itself is doing the opposite to what the educated consider justice and righteousness, or opposite of what the Artist himself wanted to express to the people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-24 01:11:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-2-23 19:30
Good riddance to the Zionist .

HaHaHa, the simpleton's answer.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-24 04:31:53 |Display all floors

Circling of the wagons.

# 171 another day another toe rag appears.  Spielberg is a movie director of note ; credit to him . As for " artistic directions " the one and only time he had anything to do with such a thing was when he played the goat in his kindergarten days .  The Chinese honored him with that trumped up title of " artistic consultant " : it is one of the courtesies Chinese are good at , in crowning the biggest dunces with a paper hat . Instead of being grateful , the toe rag did a runner . And what did he stand for so passionately ? No one knows because he can't string two sentences together to save his life . Why did he NOT protest to the Chinese hosts and demand this Darfur thing fixed ?  This is a sad excuse for a human being : no clue , no principles and no use.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-24 11:02:12 |Display all floors
"Why did he NOT protest to the Chinese hosts and demand this Darfur thing fixed"

Because he's only a director and in no position to make demands of a government?  Just a thought...  Anyway, the reports said he sent several letters to Hu Jintao expressing concern while he was working there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-24 11:05:12 |Display all floors
I can understand Spielberg's decision, although what he did seems not intelligent. Don't hurry to scold me. Originally he worked well for Olympic Game Opening Ceremony. There was no opinion difference between Beijing and him. Since the inhumanity happened in Darfur, I think , he definitely have got much criticism because of his present job for Beijing. Under pressure he did a series of foolish thing to show his position about Darfur. I believe he had nothing to do with Darfur at all, but considering his own reputation, he had to resign the job of adviser. Being involved in such a blamed incident is totally his misfortunne. I feel so sorry for him. It's a typical vexation of celebrity. Having watched "the sindler's list", you would find he was not a bad boy.
Come on, friends, We Chinese are usually tolerant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-24 11:14:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-2-24 04:31
# 171 another day another toe rag appears.  Spielberg is a movie director of note ; credit to him . As for " artistic directions " the one and only time he had anything to do with such a  ...

yes..

and inviting Bruce Lee to teach you Martial Arts is extending a warm hand to Chinese people so they dont feel bad too

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-24 12:34:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2008-2-22 13:15
Maybe the very simple reason is that over-rated Spielberg found he couldn't contribute a darn thing to the China Olympics and feared he would be ridiculed. So he resigned and blamed it on Dafur.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.