Views: 14921|Replies: 34

Is China a friend or Not? --to Viet Nam people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-1 17:49:44 |Display all floors
i am a chinese.
I love to talk about China and Viet Nam with you.
I believe China is a friend of VN, because:
1) we have a very similar culutre background. we are all infuenced by Confucianism. Besides, VN used Chinese characters as words in their own language as Japan do now. Even now the two nations are ruled by communist parties (That causes predjudice of some western powers, but we need not care. Islamic iran are hated by them, too. It does not have communism.)  
I think that does not prove VN is inferior to China, but prove that we have the same understanding about family, love, education and culture. You may know there are many nations who believe in the same relegions, e.g. catholic, Islam, Buddism, etc. Many peoples share the same languages, e.g. English is shared by US, Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Irealand, etc. But that does not prove US people is inferior to British people. On the contrary, they understand each other more easily. They are natural allies, as they ever said. I think the same culture or similar culture background helps.
2) The two countries are all developing countries and developing their market economy. people here hate wars. they want to earn more money, live happily and safely instead.
3)Both of the two nations bullied by the invaders, e.g. Japan, US, France, etc. We have the history of figting together against them. We have same understanding that we must build our countires stronger to protect ourselves.
We have the friendship built by our ancestors.
4)Many chinese people are mixed with VN blood; many VN people mixed with Chinese blood. If DNA can be tested, i believe we are in the same big family. Some say: blood is thicker than water. That is absolutely true. That helps me understand that in the 80s of 19th century, why french troops invaded Vietnam first and then China, why China sent troops to fignt together with VN people against french invaders, why the western powers never say China or VN is their natural ally. That's clear. They are white people, they speak european languages, they believe in the same God. Even now, when mentioning Ho Chi Minh, Chinese people all know him very well and say he is VN hero and a friend of Chinese.

I agree there were wars between the two counties in the history. But I do not care who is right or wrong. What I believe is that peoples in both countries do not like wars caused by their governments. That's true.
I also agree there  were territorial contraversy between the two countries. But that's not a major problem harming the peaceful relationship and the developmentg goals of  the two countries.
I also believe if the two nations unite, western powers may envy, hate, or admire(as they may say). But we do not care if they like it or not. What we care is how we can live a more happy and more peaceful life. You can ask yourself if you are member of the two nations.

Thank you for reading my message.i wish my words can help us understand each other better.
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-1 21:02:13 |Display all floors

# 1

Is China a friend or Not? --to Viet Nam people

Ofcouse, it is friend of Vietnam and infact a good friend. However, If someone filled his mind with baseless things, that would be another case.

As from Pakistan, I believe that China always has a friendly Foriegn Policy, which not only helped it to make good friends in the world and that also help others to have good relations with China without compromising their interest, as in the case of west.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 12:44:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-2-2 12:09
And, perhaps someone can give us a well-informed answer: Why is the railway line from Hanoi to Kunming interrupted? It was re-inaugurated with great fanfare, then suddenly put back in hibernation...

It will be easier for you to answer why you refuse to leave China even if you hate this place very much?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 13:54:04 |Display all floors
Seneca is giving real instances when this friendship may have appeared less than genuine. Please answer him.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 14:18:58 |Display all floors

listen to what a man said...

SENECA--you are 110% correct on this issue 'tween the vietnamese & the chinese for years NOT just recently!  why do you people think that i am in the US...not just my father worked for the USAF but the vietnamese never ever welcome the chinese there in VN.  it is only in your dream that you might think uncle HO was friendly with chairman, MAO (recent, the vietnamese wouldn't allow the chinese gas pipeline pass thru or close to the vietnamese's shore).   i have waited too long to answer the POSTER, coz i know someone might get zap along the line & that's why i am here now to clear the air a little...vietnam never allowed anyone to learn chinese in chinese's school, but somehow my parents managed & got me thru 6th grade...therefore i do have a 6th grade chinese school certificate from saigon...again, NOT ho chi minh city...get that in your mind too people, and i appreciate that very much if you do..  PS!  you people love one thing so bad & label other people as ANTI this & anti that.  i love VN doesn't mean neccessary that i like the gov't...and it's the same deal goes for CHINA.  say what you want to say, but open your eyes first & see it clearly before you ACCUSING someone that's not in your favor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 17:09:05 |Display all floors

reply to seneca #4

You learn very much from your VN history books printed by that government.
But you do not know the two nations clearly, even if you yourself are a Viet Namese.

You said China ever bullied VN for a millenium in history. But you do not understand they were  wars in feudalism period. England ever invaded France. Roman Empire ever invaded England, egypt, Mongolia ever invaded almost the whole Europe and Asia. In that period, emperors, kings, and landlords were all fighting for their own interests. They did not have a world vision that the modern people should have. They did not care much about human rights of the grassroots.  But you are not in your history, you are not one of  those kings. And you should have a good modern vision.  I believe you must have been educated in that way, i believe you are not educated in a feudalist way. Right?

Every government is working for their own interest. That's why a war ever broke out between the two countries. China thought its territory shoudl not never be invaded by any countries, including VN. That's the normal right of Chinese to fight against invaders. But at that time, perhaps with support from Soviet Union, VN became an invader. Maybe VN thought they had to do this with pressure from Soviet.  Maybe they thought Soviet was much stronger than China and they could profit from the war, like they did in Cambodia. But they forgot China had ever helped them to fight against US invaders. They forgot they should be kind to a friend.
Thus China had to fight against them. You did not know China at that time did not start war with any foreign countries. At that time, China is trying to establish a peaceful environment to develop its economy. But VN government did not think that way. They may think they could do anything with help from Soviet.
You said China was beaten by VN.  You got from your history book? Why did not VN gov send troops into China as they ever did in Cambodia? They must have done that if they had an opportunity. Cambodia proved that. All i want to say is that P. R. Chinese government never intend and does not have that environment to bully any country. But VN did in Cambodia.  Why did they invade Cambodia? I thought you should know.

OK. Till now, i am still talking about the governments.  I do not talk about the two peoples. They are different in concept.  However, i wish it is enough for your better understanding.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 19:59:14 |Display all floors
Narrow nationalism is of no help.
I say blood is thicker than water.  In the history, many Chinese settled down in Viet Nam, and there were many Chinese kings in VN history.  That means many VN people are mixed blood offsprings of their VN and Chinese ancestors.  
SENECA, you can even ask yourself wether you are a pure Vietnamese or not.

it's great for you to learn something in your history text book.  isn't it better if you have a more independent thinking on history. I've read your history text books, which really shocked me. There are many misunderstandings and even hatred which are poured into the brains of  VN people. I think we need no hatred or misunderstanding in our future. The hatred will do great harm to our nations. I do not like anyone bury any seed of hatred in the hearts of the common people.

I also read Chinese history books. But i have never been taught to hate any nation in the world, never, because the Chinese history text books do not pours racial hatred to me. Even i know Japan ever invaded China and brought great misery to the Chinese people, but our text books still teach me what we should hate is to hate Japanese militarists and emperialism, and tells me not to hate the Japanese people and tells many Japanese friends were fight against militarists together with us.  

I do not mean to critisize VN gov. That's not my aim. My aim is to let people to be friends and understand each other.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.