Views: 9294|Replies: 22

Is it any difference who will be the next US president? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-20 21:18:27 |Display all floors
How does it effect your life?

It seems John McCain will be the nominee of the Republican party. And   Hillary might be the nominee of the Democratic party.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-21 14:16:34 |Display all floors

No Difference

All of the electable candidates today are beholden to the military industrial complex, so not much is going to change.  Some say draft Bloomberg, but at the end of the day he would be blindly pro-Israel so nothing would change.

Ron Paul might do something, but he has a snowman's chance in summer to win.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-21 14:50:49 |Display all floors
I'm going to repeat my thought from another thread:

There are so many things wrong int he US right now, no matter WHO wins, something has GOT to get better!

Even if the person screws up, SOMETHING will have probably been fixed in there somewhere.

To put it another way,
The next person has a lot of work to do, but like buying a broken old house, surely ANY work will improve it.

Can I put it another way...

Ok, I'll stop.

I'm in a cynical mood today.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-21 16:02:41 |Display all floors
Maybe it will be important for America and Americans, not  for us.

But I will follow up with the news on this as it is an interesting affair in 2008.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-21 18:35:59 |Display all floors

Reply #1 pender's post

Is it any difference who will be the next US president

For the rest of the world. No difference at all. As the institution-ism in USA is very good. and well established. There is consistancy in policies, no matter who is the president. Thus there would be no change in the USA global policies.

For the Americans, Well, only the american can tell that. What they feeling about possible outcome of the election. For me, the would also not feeling any diff anyway. Or may some tax relief from one candidate etc etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 16:06:21 |Display all floors

Hilary hopefully

She will send troops where they belongs, home to their families.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 19:30:50 |Display all floors
The tragedy for the Americans and the rest of the world is that the eventual winner is bound to be an American . The present aggressive and arrogant foreign policy needs a tectonic shift to change course . None of the potential candidates even dare to say anything to that effect .  The Americans are prisoners to their own manufactured fear and loath connected to the " war on terror " . Sad indeed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.