Views: 13535|Replies: 43

China: Great nation or Greatest nation? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-5 11:10:21 |Display all floors
China is a very crucial country in the world. Many countries look to China to take the lead and show them the way. As the dollar drops and the American economy collapses, does this make China the greatest nation or only a great one? :):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-5 11:24:25 |Display all floors
I don't know of a country that looks to China to show the way to anything, actually. Also, the US economy hasn't collapsed. We're still here, still making money hand over fist; the only thing that happened is a few people found that their portfolios could only afford one, not two, vacation homes in Tuscany.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-5 12:19:59 |Display all floors

Welcome babe.

Dear babe,

Welcome to the forum . You are provocative aren't you , sticking it into the Yankees with your first post . I think China is doing fine , more than fine really but to brag and boast is not the Chinese way , yeah ?  Slowly slowly catch the monkey.

As you see " interesting " is right on time and on cue and is up  to the plate defending the myth that in the USA the streets are paved with gold and the rivers flow with milk and honey .  I have been there many a time and take it from me , it is nothing of that sort ." The  Working Poor " is the 60% of the population on struggle street , just two pay packets away from sleeping on the streets.  47 million people are without medical cover .

Some like " interesting " have misplaced patriotism thinking that if they say " things are great " often enough , something good may happen in real life . He is now our pet resident clown.  Be tickled by his fancy footwork and the cheerleader dancing . Cheers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-5 13:46:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-5 13:47:01 |Display all floors
No one said anything about gold paving, Mengzhi, nor milk and honey. Were the streets paved in gold I'd be protesting government waste and if the rivers flowed with milk and honey I'd be concerned about pollution.

The rest of your statistics are odd. 60% of the country isn't two paychecks from any street and the 47 million uninsured are not so because they cannot afford insurance (indeed, most are young and their coverage extremely cheap) but are uninsured because they think they're invincible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-5 13:50:47 |Display all floors
ZG,

That's why I keep wondering what the people here must think of, say, Austria or Italy or North Africa. They spend all their time with the economy and how large it is, they must disdain all these small countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-5 14:07:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.