Views: 6476|Replies: 8

请教一道口译的翻译。 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-8 22:16:50 |Display all floors
有一个口译练习题如下:(没有参考答案,自己试着翻译一下,大家帮我看看修改一下)

北京地铁公厕的卫生问题一直是市民的一大心病。2007年,市政府将加大改造翻新力度,准备将公厕内的洁具,灯具和通风系统等设施施加升级。据悉,地铁公厕改造工程有望于今年年底完工。

The sanitary conditions of toilets in Beijing subway station has always been a trial to local citizens. In 2007, the city government is going to intensify the reform and face-lifting of the toilets including the update and upgrading of sanitary ware ,lamp and laterns,and ventilating system .It’s known that this project is expected to be accomplished by the end of this year[/i]

卫生问题,一大心病。加大……力度,翻新,通风系统 ,这些是句子翻译的一些关键词,到底是hygiene problem 还是senitary conditions哪个更合理一些呢?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-9 10:03:18 |Display all floors
Here's my opinion and try:

(1)Since it is a practice for spoken English, I don't think a written translated version (even a good one) will be adequate when you speak out.

(2)has-->have

(3)city government-->municipal government

(4)lamp->lamps

(5)It's known-->It's reported that, or it's said that

(6)卫生问题 sanitation issues

(7) 一直是市民的一大心病 has long been a main headache

(8)facelift  is ok

(9)"ventilating" is ok, I think, but I'm sure " ventilation system" is more commonly used.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 13:22:36 |Display all floors
2007年,市政府将加大改造翻新力度,准备将公厕内的洁具,灯具和通风系统等设施施加升级。据悉,地铁公厕改造工程有望于今年年底完工。

It's my draft:

Peiking citizen has, for long time, been obsessed with the bad saintary condition of local subway. In 2007, Peiking Municipality resolved to invest more budget into the reformation for the issue.  The old lighting system, air conditioner and  toiletware will be replaced with new product. They said the end of this year would see the finishing of the reformation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-13 17:02:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wakson at 2007-9-12 13:22
Peiking citizen has, for long time, been obsessed with the bad saintary condition of local subway. In 2007, Peiking Municipality resolved to invest more budget into the reformation for the issue.  The old lighting system, air conditioner and  toiletware will be replaced with new product. They said the end of this year would see the finishing of the reformation.

"Obsessed" to me means "to be crazy about sth" or "to like sth excessively". They are more likely to be vexed about it, harried/tormented/anguished by it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-11 17:54:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wakson at 2007-9-12 13:22
2007年,市政府将加大改造翻新力度,准备将公厕内的洁具,灯具和通风系统等设施施加升级。据悉,地铁公厕改造工程有望于今年年底完工。

It's my draft:

Peiking citizen has, for long time, been obsessed ...

increase the budget in ……要更好一些,多谢你的意见
很好

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-11 19:41:30 |Display all floors
一大心病  a big concern
改造翻新 makeover , 比简单的make up 或 face-lifting 程度深,a complete reconstruction and renovation of something

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-4-11 20:29:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oceanslove at 2008-4-11 05:54 AM

increase the budget in ……要更好一些,多谢你的意见

不过“力度”不等于(虽然可能包括) budget or investment。“Increase its efforts” 之类会比较准确。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.