Author: sunny2005liu

A past-'80 generation girl's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-9 09:51:34 |Display all floors
But,I'll be a housing slaving,from now on, I'm afraid of unemployment,I'm afraid of illness.I'll have to control my purchasing,only necessity is permitted

Life is indeed an earnest struggle, good luck to you
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 17:00:38 |Display all floors

Teacher’s Day

It’s Teacher’s Day today,which falls on September 10 annually.
In the morning, on the way work,I saw a young mother with a child took flowers in hand.And they arenot the only one. What’s the holiday? confused for a moment, soon I remember that it’s Teacher’s Day today. Currently more and more attention is paid to education,and teachers’ social status is also better and better. It’s said that central government will allot more fund into education to improve the poor work conditions of many teachers,especiallly in rural areas from this fall semester. And many students from poor family can go to college through green gate. All this indicate the whole social attach more importance to education. It’s really good thing to me, In my family,there are many teachers.such as my grandfather,my two aunts my sister,even Lin(my lover)’s sister and her husband are all teachers. Hehe:),our family are teachers’ family.
In my childhood,there was a funny story, sister asked what’s I wanted to be when I grew up. Teacher,I answered. “How about professor? Professor was teacher with university”, sister continued to ask. “Hum”, I scratched my head thinking a while then answered, “I wanted to be a professor”. “Your faith were not firm,sister laughed at me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-11 09:40:51 |Display all floors
A salute to teachers and families like yours.

Your post brought back the  fond memories of my school days and my formative years.   Here is my previous post in another thread that  I would like to share with you. That was a writing lesson I learned from our American teacher when I was a college student a few years ago.

In our first writing class, she brought a red apple, put it on a transparent glass plate,  placed the plate on the desk near the window, and adjusted it a few times. The sunlight was streaming on the red apple and its holder, and casting a narrow shadow on the desk, a glimmer of smile was on her face, as she was walking away from the plate slowly and looking around us. She started to speak, I couldn't remember the exactly words she said, what she told us roughly as follows.

'I would like you to describe the red apple and its surrounding in about one hundred words,  which must be strict to the sketches of its physical appearance. After that, you are going to add another one hundred words to stretch its look to other areas that are related to it, for example,  giving a brief description of an apple tree, an apple orchard, its sweetness and nutrition, etc. "

We were stunned,  biting our pens,  or gazing at the apple, or peeping at each other, as our teacher was pacing up and down the class room, saying a few encouraging words now and then, giving out a few hints here and there. However, it didn't help, a large portion of our papers remained blank, we were only hear the clock ticking faster and faster, louder and louder, the time was running out ...

The underlying theme she taught us is that to learn a language, especially a foreign language, we must go back to the basic, the square one, and start from the scratch, like children, who usually describe things and their surroundings specifically and vividly and concretely, as apposed to them, we adult tend to think abstractly and generally, and use many big words (abstract and general) which is the number one enemy of the language learning.

For example, most of us know words like fruit, vegetable, light,  we may not understand, cranberry, kale, dusk (or twilight) ... on the contrary, children usually pick up these specific words before they learn the categorical terms, like fruit, item ...

Just like most of you, I am still working on the crazy English. Is it crazy? No, as our teacher said, "It is lovely, the school catalog calls it as an English course, I would call it as a course of magic, the magic of words and ideas."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-11 17:02:57 |Display all floors

Is there friendship in office?

A colleague said she may leave our company in near future, I’m sad at the news.
Though we don’ work at same city, she works in our another factory in another city.I’m really feel a little lonely.People around me come and go, Separation is so common,I still can’t adapt to it.
In social life, to adapt to fierce competition, people have to opress kinds of soft feelings. In career field,everyone is armed as aggressive, sharp, no any weakness and incapacity is permitted. If you show you true soft feeling,can’t tell others your real mind,your privacy, otherwise you may be hurt.
When it come to interest, your current friend may betray you some day. Everyone is so friendly so warmhearted to you,who knows it is just a good mask. Under the mask, he or she may backbite you!
Maybe I’m too negative now. My another colleague is a new guy less than one year, I teach her everything, I think we may become friends, we can make shopping together. But, she look me as competitor. After many things happened, we’re like strangers now,little to talk. It’s really sad,right?
But I still have some friends meeting in office, we keep contact even if we’re far away from each other now.
Is there sincerity in office? I still stick to my faith. If I believe,someone else will believe also, then,beautiful belief exist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-11 17:05:08 |Display all floors
i ever didn't like the career to become a teacher so that i gave up the chance to become a teacher,when i
graduated.now i especially want to become a teacher,but it isn't too easy .last holiday in the winter i had a
chance to become a teacher for a month.it is a sweeter and bitter perience.but by the end of the lessons
when my students came up the platform and hugged me tightly and said thanks,i felt that i was the happiest
person in the world.i was moved deeply .i can't control my tears out of my eyes.now i have left the city,but
i often recall these lovely students.i hope i can have chance to teach them again.but it seems that it is
far for me.i hope all the teachers can happy forever!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 17:02:36 |Display all floors
I just heard a news, to watch our work,our boss install a Monitoring system on computer so that he can see what all of us do on computer. Is so terrible! :In fact, many Monitoring cameras have been set in our offices. So we’ve been under narrow watch, without privacy.
If I continue to write diary on computer, maybe my diary will be spread in office soon! I can’t imagine!
I’ll have to write my diary on paper before post in future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-13 10:14:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sunny2005liu at 2007-9-12 17:02
I just heard a news, to watch our work,our boss install a Monitoring system on computer so that he can see what all of us do on computer. Is so terrible! :In fact, many Monitoring cameras have  ...

just like your boss does, we also be surveiled by our boss.

we cannot use QQ now, but they allow us to use other kinds of chat tools such as MSN, i think the chat tool has the same usage.it does not matter what kind of chat tool we use.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.