Author: tobeclever

Are you interested in American Culture??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-19 20:56:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tobeclever at 2007-8-16 01:35
What is the American Culture? ..... What do you think of it?

Oxymoron anybody ?

Nah, just kidding. Same thing has been said about Australia !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-19 20:57:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 2007-8-19 17:11
American culture is a gangster culture?

I am trying to help you guys describe your "culture" because you are unable to do it.

Your culture started with the wanton destruction ...

Chang

Please, don't try to help us.

Before this thread was developing as is it, we knew it that u gonna bring the same
ideas, the same statements ( statements without any support ) the same words, all the same

I hope u can realize what u said and help yourself first.

Good luck

Btw, say hello to tobeclever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-20 00:51:55 |Display all floors

Actually the statement i mentioned earlier that America has no culture was just quoted by me; it was stated by a native American (white, mid-thirties, professional, educated, well-rounded, well-traveled etc) who was giving a talk on software methodology; he also knew the intricacies of the german SAP software.  All of a sudden, realizing something from the looks of the audience, he blurted that out.

Americans are fine people by and large, but when they put on a uniform or get elected to some post or get behind an institution that thinks power means bending other peoples' will to their interests, their fervour combined with their might make them inconsistent in action, whose inconsistency is directly proportional to their bullyism.

This sounds a bit harsh; perhaps it should be reworded but it's late and i move on.....zzzzzzzzz

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.