Author: water0402

thoughts from my life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-4 13:22:24 |Display all floors

q

xs2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-6 22:10:25 |Display all floors
how to definite "beauty"
     someone says "beautiful comes from confidency"  if that i wouldn`t be a beautiful girl,at least i regard of this,but not acrodence with thoughts of others.i am not a confidency girl.
     someone says "beautiful comes from lovely" if that i also wouldn`t be a beautiful girl.i can`t definite what does the "lovely"mean,i feel i just a fool ,just stupit,just love play,just ignorance....thought my friends like me like that,but who want to be a stupit..
     so,when some people say  i am a beauty.i just smile and don`t believe it at all.some friends told me should believe that cause that would make me more confidence.i feel that ist not truth.too many people like saying sweet  words,which could be trust.so,go ahead,it`s nothing to do with me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-8 11:55:25 |Display all floors
It doesn't matter what is said or thought about oneself.  It should only matter what is.

But what 'is' depends on what is oneself at the moment the question is posed.

In other words, we can only answer the question 'what are we?' by getting out of ourselves first and then looking back like the person is not us but something out there....

A mirror is not good enough because the way the image is presented itself depends on how we hold the mirror, and it's only a physical aspect.  What each of us should want is how we can honest see ourselves with no prejudice or emotion, then use the understanding as a stepping stone to answer the question: 'what is?'

I suspect once we can answer that question, a lot of things we have held closely to before will be relinquished. What is 'pretty', 'beautiful', 'stupid', 'suspicion', 'ignorance' etc. all about?   They are just like props the showtime company puts up before the show starts for the audience waiting on the stagefloor.  Each episode needs different props. It's supposed to be the night scene now, so up comes the moon and shimmering pond, and maybe an owl or bat.  Then it's morning, find that male hen and sun.  But day and night themselves dance with each other throughout one's lifetime, so their constant nature should sit in the background like the audience, in order for the essence and meaning of the show to come out.

What others say, and what we think of what they say, are just pieces of shiny things that decorate our lives; soon these will pass as fast as we change. I think what is more important is to find out what is the real value of life that's not about physical appearance, or internal capabilities, and then try to improve on them, so that as our lives move ahead, we will become quieter, more mature, kinder to more people, and less moved by perceptions, things and words which change from person to person, or from situation to situation.  If you go through a long period where the situation keeps on changing, one day good, another day bad, and so on, after a while, it all becomes a bit meaningless.  And the fact we can feel bad about 'meaninglessness'  does say there is something each of us yearns for in life that is not about looking 'pretty' or 'beautiful' or what not.  If even photos become blur by themselves after some time, what about the subjects of the snaps captured in the photos?

Both of us will pass away soon enough, the mosquito biting me, now, and 'me'.

mosquito:3  markwu:0
sl.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 14:55:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2007-9-4 13:20

her worried eyes seems wanna make me share with her worries
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 14:56:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2007-9-8 11:55
It doesn't matter what is said or thought about oneself.  It should only matter what is.

But what 'is' depends on what is oneself at the moment the question is posed.

In other words, we can o ...

Original are better than replacements................afterall body spare parts are hard to find unlike cars
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 16:09:08 |Display all floors

..but i wasn't looking at the eyes...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 19:07:55 |Display all floors
Weekends and state-accredited holidays have more and more become a much-awaited rare commodity for mostly bustling town commuters. When the holiday draws near, question arises as to how to spend it. Far-away excursion is a good option to allay pressure and get rid of nuisance at least pro tempore. There are with two ways of going excursion: one being self-catered, self-sustaining backpacker way, the other being by way of agency. The unpleasant part about the first choice is reportedly safety mishaps as well as troubles in finding accommodation and economical itinerary, yet travel by agency is not as a common knowledge problem-free because the tourist agency may inflict you with some unsolicited service item. Anyway some may weigh the pros and cons and finally choose travel by agency bearing in mind the averse service is something to be expected. In order to avoid those possible unpleasing experience, I opt for religious sites where you are expected to find no trace of merchants but breathtaking natural and humanistic beauty and misanthropist cloisters. Did it really panned out as I expected?

The following is what happen to me when I stepped into the gate of a lama temple somewhere in the northern part of China. Came into sight is such a boisterous place that makes me take it for a bazaar market. The wing-rooms on each side had been renovated into western-style cafes. Discarded stuffs were littered here and there. Having seen this, I instinctively poked my way out of the congested crowd and eventually arrive at the main hall where a legendary gilded statue of Buddha of enormous size was honored. In the midst of permeating smell of incenses, I got down on my knee and kowtow on all fours to show my homage as is required of a veteran Buddhist. No sooner had I risen than the guide asked me to draw lots which according to her could tell veraciously fortune. I declined this seemingly kind-hearted offer for I was somehow repugnant to fortune-telling guised in name of divine religion because religion, as I understand it, was not an instrument for pursuing self-interest so much as a faith to do goodness and reach self-fulfillment.

Others irresistible to temptations lot only to find mostly the results were quite auspicious (you may wonder why). While they were taking pleasure, they were told by the monk to pay 5000 apiece in order to buy a holy lamp needed to hold on to the good luck, failing which gook luck would go across them. Knowing that they were swindled out of their money, everyone was abashed to overtly refuse look luck to be blessed upon them. In the end, everyone (me excluded) paid as requested.

On our way back, an air of moroseness seemed to hang above us all for a good-intentioned and ingenuous outdoorsy trip could beget such a vexing fallout. Even the temple which we hold dearly sacred can be tainted with vulgar and ignoble demeanor. I wonder where we can find an appropriate place to let ourselves go. Maybe it only exists in the nirvana in the afterlife.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.