Author: taikor

BBC biased against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-19 05:43:01 |Display all floors
It seems as if the reporters get a news item,
then get the facts
then rewrite to make a readable paragraph suitable for their political views which is not honest journalism.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 19:22:37 |Display all floors

I will defend the BBC ( Big Bad Cheats ).

Dear Chang,

As I have said before , the time has come for me to be the " devil's advocate " and debate you , in the absence of any BBC defenders so far. They are stunned and shell shocked , poor fellas. While they are doing their best to prop up the collapsing trustworthiness and professionalism of the BBC , the latest scandals on ( of all things ) fake competition winners !? takes the cake. BBC is the abbreviation for Big Bloody Cheats .

Now here goes:

" In spite of this hiccups with the BBC , it has to be said that these are just  a " few bad apples ". The vast majority of the competitions did have genuine winners ( ie they have not been found out yet ). The Beeb retains its highest journalistic professionalism at all times. Even now it is the internal investigations which uncovered this bad practice. In China this would still be hidden away . So the vigor of democracy and transparency prevail once more  "

Do I sound good enough to be a " banana " now ? Do I say what one would expect the feral to say on occasions like these ?  Boy , I must say it is becoming increasingly difficult to be humble !! Haha.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 20:13:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 18-7-2007 10:01 AM
How can we trust the BBC for its accuracy?

Since this is a forum about China, I would like to hear some views on the comments about CCTV which can also be found through Google.

Of course, I should ask a Chinese living in China I suppose ....

Now, in the UK, we have numerous British news sources on TV - the BBC is just one of them ... What is the choice in China like?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 20:45:41 |Display all floors
its not only BBC.
Even the harmless national geographic channel, discovery channel
and other harmless western channel are biased against china.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 20:50:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reyquer at 20-7-2007 12:45 PM
its not only BBC.
Even the harmless national geographic channel, discovery channel
and other harmless western channel are biased against china.  

Then show some evidence of this please .... Specific links would be helpful.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 21:25:39 |Display all floors
OK mengzhi, in the interests of debate ...

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-20 19:22
Dear Chang,

As I have said before , the time has come for me to be the " devil's advocate " and debate you , in the absence of any BBC defenders so far. They are stunned a ...

Then why was the BBC so quiet when atrocities were committed by their troops in Iraq over the years?

Not one word by all their "embedded troops"?

It had to take the dumb American GIs to photograph and video their own atrocities for these shocking rvelations to come out.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 21:59:15 |Display all floors
Chang,

You just do not know " democracy " at work even when you trip over it , do you ? The British troops do not DO nasty things, they are after all British . Have you not seen the wonderful deeds they have done for their colonies, especially to HK ? That sturdy and strong democracy , free speech and protests , and the thousand flowers bloom. Have you forgotten, you ungrateful lot . BTW the selling of opium to the Chinese was ALL Chinese fault , so there !

The Yanks of course has an unlimited capacity for self harm and super brag . Why would they do all those " manly " things like rape, rampage and torture if they do not have a record of it to satisfy the bragging rights. Same same. " Me Tarzan , You Jane "  

Anymore western bashing Chang ? Bring them on and  I will rebut them. Cheers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.