Views: 4808|Replies: 5

Topics for CD English Club(BJ) on July 8, 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-4 10:07:11 |Display all floors
Colorful Domain English Club (Beijing)
E-mail: cdclub_bj@yahoo.com.cn
Since May 30, 2004

Time: 10.30am-12.30pm, July 8, 2007
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)
(Highly appreciated if you could get there by 10:15 am)
How to get there:Take Loop Line of the Subway, get off at Chaoyangmen Station, and take Exit A, walk around the Ministry of Foreign Affairs clockwise. The restaurant is right opposite MOFA's southeastern entrance.

Host: Lillian
Prepared Speaker: Sue
mitunites reporter:James

Topic one—Traffic Accidents

The Ministry of Public Security census shows that over 100 thousand people died from traffic accidents in 2005. The death rate of traffic accidents is the highest in annual mortality. Speaking of traffic safety, are you an alert on roads, either you are a driver or a pedestrian? Do you have any stories to share with us and in order to advise those negligent people on road?

Topic one—Favorite Music

Are you a big fan of old-fashioned classic songs? Which category is your favorite, Classic, Easy Listening, Catchy (easy to sing), Pop, Jazz, R&B, Heavy metal/Punk, Easy Rock, Hip-Hop, Bossa Nova? Talk about your favorite bands or singers. Prepare a slip of impressive lyric and you can read for us if you like.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-5 08:45:12 |Display all floors

Nice topics

I quite behave myself a pedestrian and i am a huge fan of music in terms of light,pop,Jazz,R&B etc,yep you got it,all music is lovely to me in a way at a time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 20:26:25 |Display all floors

to all

I hate to say I cannot join tomorrow's gathering because I'm leaving for Manila the day after tomorrow, i.e.next Monday. So many people to thank, Bob, Lillian, Alhaji, June, Passy, May, Joyce, Amber, Crystal, Cathy, Kara, Stella, Jerry..... for all of your support, encouragement, advice, and etc.

Take good care of all yourselves, and good luck to all of you and the Club.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 22:02:33 |Display all floors
Hudson,have a nice trip and take care. We will miss u!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-8 04:00:25 |Display all floors

Hi, Hudson,

You can't go like this, dude. You promise to visit  my new flat before u go. How sad, I can't come back until next Friday. We got to miss u. Bon voyage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-8 11:05:30 |Display all floors
The sooner I leave, the earlier I can come back. I'll try my utmost to come back to join the Club's 5th establishment anniversary during my vacation and, most probably the home-warming party of your, Alhaji, newest villa.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.