Author: alicehanyu

How to change Chinese people's bad manners? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-10 16:08:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by metto81 at 2007-7-10 11:52
I'm sorry
I didn't know we had to check for grammer on a BBS board. Is that the best you can hold against me?

"Grammar check" is the correct spelling, and it wasn't a grammar check, it was a spelling check.

As for holding anything against you, well your posts about all terrorists being Arabs, and all rude people being Chinese aren't particularly correct and seem rather racist actually.

Let's just remind ourselves that in recent times terrorists have included people from Europe, Africa, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)  and East Asia, not just Arabs.
(I.R.A., E.T.A., Al Quaeda, L.T.T.E., J.I. )
And the victims of terrorists have come from Europe, Africa, South and East Asia, not just westerners.
Let's remember one group of western European terrorists got a fair bit of help from their terrorist support networks in the USA. I am talking about the IRA, of course.

As for rude people, well fortunately in my travels I have mostly met polite people, but I have met a small number of rude people and they have come from all over the world, not just China.

As for your spelling, well it's a silly mistake usually made when people say something without thinking about it. A bit like racist-type comments, really.

I thought you were better than that, Metto.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-7-10 06:10 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-10 16:22:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by metto81 at 2007-7-9 14:14

What you are saying is like terrorism is everywhere, not just in the Middle Easterners.

The truth is, In general all terrorists are Arabs.

Just like in general all inconsiderate and rude pe ...

Aha,hmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,erl.........
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 00:07:36 |Display all floors
Where is my survey option for "----ting on sidewalk"??
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 04:34:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-7-10 16:08

"Grammar check" is the correct spelling, and it wasn't a grammar check, it was a spelling check.

As for holding anything against you, well your posts about all terrorists being Ara ...

You don't know me to come to your hastily conclusion that I should be any better than that. You are just saying that to make me feel bad, didn't work. But good try.

And the majority of terrorists in Europe their origins are from where?

Oh, BTW. When you speak the truth, it might sound a bit racist and mean.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 05:20:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by metto81 at 2007-7-11 06:34
You don't know me to come to your hastily conclusion that I should be any better than that. You are just saying that to make me feel bad, didn't work.

I don't recall your earlier posts being so blatantly racist, that's what I meant.

Originally posted by metto81 at 2007-7-11 06:34
And the majority of terrorists in Europe their origins are from where?
Oh, BTW. When you speak the truth, it might sound a bit racist and mean. ...

Well 20 years ago those terrorists were from Ireland (IRA) or North East Spain (ETA).
A few years earlier there were also some terrorists from Germany (Baader Meinhof), in Europe.

Now you said that "in general, all terrorists are Arab".
The recent London/Glasgow attacks, most of the would-be bombers were from India or Pakistan. They are not Arabs.

The Bali Bombings a few years ago. Most of the bombers and plotters were Indonesian or Malaysian, not Arabs.

Sure the 11th September attacks were perpetrated by those who were mainly of Arabic background, but events since then have involved terrorists from other cultural or ethnic groups.

It is clearly wrong in fact (let alone the racist aspects) to suggest that all or even most terrorists are of an Arab background.
What these recent terrorist attacks do have in common is that they are done by individuals or groups in the name of a twisted and fundamentalist perversion of religious extremism.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 07:12:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by alicehanyu at 2007-7-2 15:51
China has long been known as a nation of civilized people. Yet when Chinese people travel abroad, Westerners comment on their improper behavior. And many foreigners who come to China are also shock ...

Model after Singapore...stiff fine and firm enforcement!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 10:10:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-7-11 05:20

I don't recall your earlier posts being so blatantly racist, that's what I meant.

Well 20 years ago those terrorists were from Ireland (IRA) or North East Spain (ETA).
A few years earlier ...

they were trained by the AL.........Arabics
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.