Author: alicehanyu

How to change Chinese people's bad manners? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-7 14:03:19 |Display all floors

that's absolutely not true.......

Originally posted by kelly888 at 2007-7-7 13:42

I wonder if Chinese people (mainlanders) are aware of the negative connotation of the word "foreigner"? This is like saying you are not welcome here, you are an outsider.
In China thi ...

In Barcelona, where I come from, we use the expresion "estranger" to refer to someone who is not a local or a national. That word translates exactly by "foreigner".

The word foreigner can be used in a discriminatory way, only if the person who uses it wants to discriminate: Look at all those "foreigners" coming here to prey on our women!" for example.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-7-7 15:00:53 |Display all floors

It is reasonable

Originally posted by kelly888 at 2007-7-7 13:42

I wonder if Chinese people (mainlanders) are aware of the negative connotation of the word "foreigner"? This is like saying you are not welcome here, you are an outsider.
In China thi ...

Come on ,the chinese look different from the westerners.We are different races.What do they expect the chinse to call the westerners?
Of course all the westerners are foreigners.
We do the same in Greece.I do the same personally.All the English in Greece are called foreigners.
I am a foreigner for the English when I visit England.What am I?English?ha ha
am a foreigner for all the globe except for Greece and Cyprus.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-7-7 15:02:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by panyn52 at 2007-7-7 13:28
what we need is education and time, as well as economic development

Education and time.I agree.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 15:20:52 |Display all floors
the bad manners can't be changed in one day, it need time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-8 12:43:29 |Display all floors

i can't quite agree with you

as the subject said, i can't quite agree with you
in my opinion,man is just a man not a god,
we all share something good or bad together
it depends on person

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-8 14:39:37 |Display all floors
I go to a local college here in Pasadena, California called Pasadena City College. In formerly, it's called Pasadena Chinese College, because it's full of Chinese.

And the Chinese are the loudest and most inconsiderate people I have every encountered, especially the women.

In the library where you are supposed to be quiet and there's a great big sign saying this is quiet area, but yet Chinese talk on their cell phones for long times as if they own the place. It's usually the women who are the loudest.

They also block doors, I have hard times getting into class and the library because the Chinese hold their meeting right by the door in groups of at least 5 people. And the crazy thing is, they don't get out of your way, no matter who much you say excuse me or stand there waiting for them to make way. You actually have to push the Chinese to get them to budge.

And one time in the cafeteria, the god damn Chinese turned it into a racket ball court. Two Chinamen took out their rackets and started hitting bouncing their balls off the wall. This one guy's ball accidentally hit me, I was furious and wanted to kick his ass. But he profoundly apologized and I just couldn't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-9 07:54:22 |Display all floors

bad behavior

well you know. its not just chinese. its everyone and everywhere.

people are rude everywhere. it doesn't make any difference what nationality you are. some of the rudest people come from my hometown. i should know! I am one of them. but, i am aware of my defects and i work on changing them.

if you refer to the jerks that spit, cut in line, push, take off their shirts in a dining place etc. then the best things is education.

as far as that goes. thats about all you can do because these people are already set in their ways. only a person can change himself/herself.  nobody can push them to do it.
2008 will be interesting. im sure some people will see some bad things about beijing and i feel sorry about that because its an issue of face. and i am sure it wont be pretty.

It's  a cold world Blood. No mercy!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.