Do in China as the Chinese do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 17:43:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by littleboat at 2007-7-11 17:32
Do in China as the Chinese do.

Miniskirt contest falls short of acceptance
(China Daily)
Updated: 2007-07-11 11:29

A miniskirt competition held Sunday in Xi'an, capital of Northwest Shaanxi Province, caused generation-gap distress.

Part of a commercial show on a public square, 30 girls wearing miniskirts competed for awards. Dancing on a platform to rock and disco music, they were surrounded by a crowd of all ages. A 64-year-old grandmother surnamed Wang said she felt shame for the girls.

The contestants, mostly college students, termed the competition a fashionable modern activity.

(Sanqin Daily)
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 17:48:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-7-11 07:12

Model after Singapore...stiff fine and firm enforcement!:)

That's good idea! Most of Singaporean are chinese. They have  good chinese tradition and western developed system. Chinese are harding-work ,they just want to earn some money, live comfortable.
I can see a big different from China ppl and Singaporean/Malaysian Chinese. That is solidarity. In China, ppl seldom talk about the team work, too much attention on self achievement. In the school, you do everything by urself, no group project, no team work. On the other hand, they are independent and brave, but self-centered.
A good manner can be bring up through education and connection to others. If we set a good example, and teach the children to behave politely. At least , I can affect my children and the ppl around me. No matter other ppl behave, we have to know the guide line and principle.

it's just my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 23:08:26 |Display all floors

nobody is perfect

well, although the bad manners among the people are common problems in our country, we should solve this questions historically,well,in old times, especially in the recent centries,peolpe are so poor that they are beyond the ability  of noticed their manners. so i argu that as the development of our country, this phenomenon will extinguish finally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 23:36:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by charm_sea at 2007-7-11 23:08
well, although the bad manners among the people are common problems in our country, we should solve this questions historically,well,in old times, especially in the recent centries,peolpe are so po ...

Definitely people can learn...no one is born to be a pig..unhealthy habits can be unlearned...healthy habits can also be learned at an early age...most Chinese people are fast learners...they can learn unhealthy and healthy habits faster than anyone (my bias opinion)...given the right learning environment...anything is possible!

Some people believe that learning unhealthy habits is easier than healthy habits...and it is harder to unlearn unhealthy habits...what's your opinion? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 23:57:09 |Display all floors
It wouldn't become reality unless we behavior properly ,wherever & whenever.

by the way, we shouldn't look down upon ourselves if we want to live in self-respect.
with road endless,hopes still exist

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.