Views: 19066|Replies: 24

Hot Summers in Shanghai - Living in your underwear! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-27 18:46:59 |Display all floors
It has been hot here in River City. We are sleeping down in the basement to stay cool at night. This morning I am just wearing my underwear as we have breakfast upstairs and prepare for work.

Mrs. Rong laughs and says it reminds her of summer in Shanghai when everybody in the neighbourhood stayed cooler by only wearing underwear.

Then when they got back inside their rooms, the fat guys laughed about the skinny guys and the skinny guys laughed about the fat guys.

I asked her what about the 'buff" guys. I had to explain that term to her. She said some men complained about the well-built guys not wearing enough, or if the wives said some guy looked good, the husbands would reply that the muscular guy wasn't that perfect.

Mrs. Rong had to leave for work. We didn't even get a chance to talk about what the women did in the hot weather. I'll have to ask her tonight!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 20:08:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2007-6-27 18:46
It has been hot here in River City. We are sleeping down in the basement to stay cool at night. This morning I am just wearing my underwear as we have breakfast upstairs and prepare for work.

Mr ...

That is so COOL...

Why the government has deprived our right to see the 'bare backed' men on the street here

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 20:25:45 |Display all floors

say what you like my jockey...

i'm wearing boxer shorts all year long inside of my apartment, but never got a chance to only underwear or brief around my crib.  i don't know how people walk around with underwear when kids are there?  yeah, i love to catch women walk around with just panty on in there place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-28 10:37:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2007-6-27 20:25
yeah, i love to catch women walk around with just panty on in there place. ...

No such luck in Shanghai, PJ.

Mrs. Rong now reports that the women wore pyjama-like tops and bottoms in the common areas of the residences during the hot summer weather.

I expect that when the temperature was that hot, people were more interested in trying to stay cool and less interested in doing "the house thing"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-30 15:20:48 |Display all floors
do ladies wear underwear if they can't bear the hot weather?
i think is very funny

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-1 16:38:46 |Display all floors

Reply #3 pjtran's post

My babe walks around with nada on in summer here, lucky me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-5 04:35:10 |Display all floors
i aways wearing nothing when sleeping ,that is good feeling

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.