Views: 3342|Replies: 3

Topics for Colorful Domain English Club(BJ) on June17-Prepared by Claude [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-13 16:40:24 |Display all floors
***********************************************************************************
                                   Colorful Domain English Club (Beijing)     

email:cdclub_bj@yahoo.com.cn
                                                       Since May 30, 2004   

***********************************************************************************

Time: 10.30am-12.30pm, June 17, 2007
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)
(It'd be highly appreciated if you could get there by 10:20 a.m.)

How to get there:Take Loop Line of the Subway, get off at Chaoyangmen Station, and take Exit A, walk around the Ministry of Foreign Affairs clockwise. The restaurant is right opposite MOFA's southeastern entrance.  

Host : Claude
Prepared Speaker: Frank

Group discussion topics:

TOPIC 1: Marriage between China and Western countries

With the opening of China, more and more Chinese young people have got married Western people, especially some Chinese girls make effort to look for a Western man.  Let  us talk about its advantages and disadvantages.

TOPIC 2:  What is the turning point in your life?

In your life, there should be something so important which changed your life unexpectedly.  Do you think you can get used to this kind of experience? Tell us your story.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 13:30:26 |Display all floors

Can't wait to see you hosting

Claude, I can't wait to see you hosting, first ever in my own experience. We will be all there to support you.

Mixed marriage? sounds very interesting. Guess too late for me now. You guys still have a chance, hehe.

Mixed marriages are indeed on the increase. Last year, 68,000 mixed couples registered for marriage, 4,000 more than in 2005. Nationwide, 9.45 million couples tied the knot, an increase of 1.21 milllion, according to statistics formt he Ministry of Civil Affairs.----China Daily.

BTW, may I dare to differ on the common conception that more Chinese girls are married to Western men than the other way around. I have two classmates (both male) married to European ladies.

We're going to talk about that on the Sunday meeting.

Catch u there, Cheers!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-16 18:02:06 |Display all floors

Hudson will be joining us

For those old members who missed the KTV farewell  party and the new members who didn't meet our former president before, do join us  and this Sunday's meeting can't be missed!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-16 21:03:18 |Display all floors

will there be another KTV farewell party?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.