Views: 3403|Replies: 5

CD English Club(BJ) Meeting Report on June 10, 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-11 20:25:07 |Display all floors
25members with 6 new comers

This gathering , we are so lucky to meet 6 new comers, they are Denny ,Amanda, Evelyn, Thomas, Tingting, and Rebecca Li, welcome and wish you can always get something meaningful from CD English Club.
When Joyce delivering the today’s opening speech , she remembered how she was encouraged by Robinson to challenge the hostess role, how she overcame those fear and nervousness , through our members support she felt she can make it , Joyce encouraged everyone to be active and motivated with her own experience, especially for Ellie who will be today’s hostess for the first time.

Do you know which day is father’s day? I felt awkward that I found I can not tell it exactly although I sent a present to my father every year for celebration. But Alhaji,a kind, mature and confident, middle-aged gentleman would like treat his father’s birthday as his father’s day, because this unique day can draw him  many pictures about  how many efforts and sweat his parents pay for him , he will give a call to his father and tell him he loves him .

If you will be blind for three days ,what would u do, Melanie , her impromptu speech seemed like a well prepared one for the girl has language talent, the girl who will take this oppotunity to experience and understand blind people’s feeling, in this way ,she believes only people through all defects, she or he will cherish value and treasure the beauty of life.

If Robinson was a millionaire, he would like to donate his money to some people who need food and medicine, then establish many schools in villages and sponsor universities to improve the quality of Chinese education , I do think he should be a billionaire ,then maybe his money is  enough to devote for the welfare and harmony of our society.

Amber’s prepared speech was a big surprise, vividly , she kept silent for a moment at first in order to educe her topic “ silence”, she even download a song named ”the song of silence” in her mobile phone and play it to us. In Amber’s speech, silence is a kind of two-sides arrow, sometime silence is golden, sometimes, it will ruin your life.

Every table talked about the first topic: solo travel, almost everyone have their own travel stories, Sue told us About Tingting’s brave behavior and solo travel experience, Evelyn spreaded a important information that if you want to travel, remember Robinson who is the one that familiar with all kinds of hotel, what a wonderful Club , we have persons with ability in many fields. Jollin recommended Shanxi province as one of her favorite sight spot ,she told us traveling with RV(recreational Vehicle)will be a fantastic tour. Keeley, who does not like solo travel with no sense about geography and direction ,she would prefer travel in group. Tomas added a definition about solo travel , that is to travel individually in a group . Richard gave us a vivid conclusion about solo travel, some solo travels are quite interesting and knowledgeable, solo travel is a kind of relaxation, opportunity to make new friends, concentrating on local cultures and customs, building self-confidence, also a big challenge, of course, sometime, romantic stories. The purpose of solo travel are lots, maybe it is just for enjoyment, a escape from the noisy city and pressure, whatever, the significant of solo travel is the experience instead of the destination,

Thanks Ellie for giving us a pleasant meeting , and your reminding us of thanksgiving to our parents.you really impressed me with your encouraging words ”if I can be the host of CD , I believe that all of you can n be ”.

Crystal
6-11-2007
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-12 09:34:32 |Display all floors

to Crystal

How can I forget anyone of you, Crystal!

I'll be with you all the time. Wish our club better and better.

By the way, very nice report. The more you write, the better you can write.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-12 15:45:43 |Display all floors

hudson

I will miss the coming gathering, what a pity for me , I hate that I am a so tiny creature in the world , if I was god, I would change my schdule to meet u ,hudson, do not forget us , I will miss u

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-12 20:18:48 |Display all floors

Crystal Sweetie

I enjoy your report a lot,it's clear and brief. thank you for making our another fun  meeting everlasting.

It's really nice experience that we are learning together,helping  each other and making progress gradually.

Keep walking...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-13 14:13:42 |Display all floors

say No to advertisement

say NO to advertisement

first, Evelyn started recommending Robinson for hotel service, then Jollin continued with promoting Recreational Vehicle and Shaanxi, and now Joyce, "Keep Walking" sounds so familiar to our ears.
i thougth i was the only businessman in our club.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-16 18:10:35 |Display all floors

Alhaji,you are a man with good sense of humour too

I got amazed that you have such good memory i.e. combining those chitchat and make them an advertisement joke!

I got bit confused while i was reading the topic as "say NO to advertisement ", was Alhaji mad at that or sth? after few seconds,i got it! nice joke by the way :)

[ Last edited by joycezou at 2007-6-23 08:49 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.