Views: 53509|Replies: 216

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-31 09:45:21 |Display all floors
5/31/07rainy
Can you imagine how much today's middle school student know about man and woman? Yesterday my daughter and I were watching the World Table-tennis Championship, the finals of double-women, Guoyue, Li Xiao-xia vs Wang Nan and Zhang Yi-ning when the hierophant said that Guo Yue was born in October and she's coming to 19. My daughter said, "Oh, so many people were born in October. My teacher said parents have nothing to do in October and November." I asked, "So, they are busy bearing children?" We both laughed.

I don't know how much she knows about man and woman and sex. When I was at her age, even when I was in college , I knew nothing about such things. Then I didn't know how children were born. Now though I'm not conservative, I don't know how to explain sex and such things to her. I hope she can gain such knowledge through right accesses. To be a mother is really not easy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-31 10:33:17 |Display all floors
yes, i understand you being not easy as mother. don't worry about you daughter. tell the truth, the birds and the bees young boys and girls now have gained mostly from books and  movies which are supposed to be  good teachers i consider.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-31 10:55:15 |Display all floors

They will gain enough from TV and the love novels as I did.

天将降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤,空乏其身,行拂乱其所为,所以动心忍性...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-31 12:25:50 |Display all floors
I hope so. Thank you very much indeed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-1 09:42:05 |Display all floors
Friday, June 01, 2007                                                      Cloudy
  Early this year encouraged by the bullish stock market performance, thousands of Chinese entered the stock market hall to make registration, my colleagues began to invest. I warned her of the risk of losing money. She didn’t take it serious. And soon the funds she bought doubled, thus she gained money. Again I advised her to take care the stock market had bubbles. Again she neglected what I said. She was so thrilled that she got that much money hand over fist in such a short time. She even dreamed of living on the stock without working. I told her it’s early for her to say “earn money” before she took out all her money. She didn’t believe. The day before yesterday she didn’t come to office. That morning I heard the stocks plummeted more than six percent after an announcement of a hike in stamp tax on stock trading. Later it’s said many stock holders went to surround the Treasure Department (I doubt if it’s true). Yesterday when she came we asked if she went to the Treasure Department. She said no sadly. She was captured. Remember risk always lies in the stock market, especially in Chinese stock market.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-1 16:08:44 |Display all floors
My friend began to buy stock because her colleague earned about 1,000yuan per day those days.
And another encouraged me to buy fund.
:)
天将降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤,空乏其身,行拂乱其所为,所以动心忍性...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-3 14:31:15 |Display all floors
Sunday, June 03, 2007                                        Cloudy
I wonder if you have any such experience that from Monday you are expecting the coming of weekends so that you can have a good sleep, but once the weekend comes, you are so relaxed that you don’t want to sleep or you wake up earlier than usual. I’m this kind of person in fact. So I always feel lack of sleep.

Since I like playing majiang, every Friday evening, I play it with my neighbours. In order to have much time to play, I often cook noodles after work. Then we begin to play from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m., sometimes over 12:00. Though I began playing majiang from the middle school, I’m always a loser because I’m not gifted in it. I can’t think fast enough to remember what my partners play and follow the change. Why I keep on playing is that I want to use my head in a different way. I think it useful to exercise my brain.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.