Author: middlekingdo

Why DO Chinese People Hate Taiwanese secessionists?! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-1 21:51:04 |Display all floors
Lol.
The subject is: Why DO Chinese People Hate Taiwanese secessionists?!

No if have an answer, say it.
If you don't like mine, say why.

Otherwise, drama queen... I dunno.. Get an ice-cream and take some fresh air?
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 08:13:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 2007-4-27 09:41
Its what the British and the Americans said when France didn't back the US/UK for atacking Iraq. Have you forgotten the hostilities? The British never forgot as what was shown by the newspapers....

Here's a perfect example of the tactics of the intellectually bankrupt.

Middlekingdom made a post about why Chinese "hated" Taiwanese secessionists.
As would be expected, and quite reasonably so, MiddleK put things from his pro-Beijing viewpoint.
I don't have a problem with that, quite a reasonable thing to expect, although don't agree with his viewpoint.

Then along comes wertynest, our friendly francophone.
Wertynest does not agree with Middlekingdom's original post and replies with a set of short, sharp remarks with what appears to be one spelling mistake/typographical error; "closed to Japan" should instead have read "close to Japan" (?). (Implying that Taiwan and Japan enjoy friendly and cooperative relations)

What happens next?
Well instead of wertynest's points being demolished, or at least attacked one by one, we see the usual suspects, Mengzhi, Northwest and Changabula attack the man directly.
Mengzhi "Werty the weirdo is a case in point ......Of course the laughable aspect is he is unaware that his own English is just a joke !!"
Northwest: You are jealous of Chinese dilligence and hardwork, causing you to 'lost' job?

Changabula: "Man you are one sick, thick, stupid idiot! You need to cut down on the frog legs as its affecting your brain... Living under the shadow of the English must be terrible for you."

The historical competition between Britain and France is irrelevant to the topic. At least the Brits and French can have a laugh about it their history, mock each other and get back to business.

It goes on, with Mengzhi insulting wertynest's excellent English  (I've seen far more typos and spelling mistakes from you, Mengzhi), Changabula dredging up 4 year old anti-Chirac headlines from that most sober example of responsible British Journalism, "The Sun", and Mengzhi resorting to tired old unimaginative remarks regarding gastropods. The culinary preferences of the French are irrelevant to the debate here, if one is interested in very strange things being eaten, I'd be looking to China before France.

So the insults & racism continue and it's not until 14 posts later that Wowsers butts in and actually addresses Wertynest's post.

So to Wertynest, Middlekingdom and Wowsers, well done for engaging in debate although I may not necessarily agree with your points.

To Northwest, Mengzhi and Changabula, are you happy with yourselves, because yet again you've proven without doubt that you're a bunch of intellectually backrupt tossers!

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 09:35:14 |Display all floors

Give as good as you take.

Love to see his excellency the emu all judgemental and wigged. Morning your Lordship.

I will try to simplify my philosophy for your benefit because the  way you carry on you are bound to get more of that torch to the belly from me. I await my " adversaries " to lay out their rules of engagement . They can  choose to debate and discuss, warts and all and this would be best . They  can storm in, take over and stomp on toes and I will be compelled to react and reply with same. Simple, black or white.

Gentlemen, choose your weapons. To those who can't stand the heat or the blood and gore, leave.

Stop pussyfooting around trying to be even handed and " sensible ". When dragongirl whirlwind herself on centre stage spewing venom and vindictiveness against China and everything Chinese, the brakes are off. See what I mean mate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 12:00:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-5-2 11:35
When dragongirl whirlwind herself on centre stage spewing venom and vindictiveness against China and everything Chinese, the brakes are off.

Dragongirl claims to be Chinese, living in China. Her "attack" was on the politicians, not you personally, or Chinese generally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 13:49:54 |Display all floors

emu

Thanks for noticing me.
Unfortunately my post was deleted. (Why?)
I took some time to address the points raised, only to see my efforts tossed away.
This is frustrating and without a doubt a waste of my time.
Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

And to the knucklehead of a moderator who deleted my post, I think you're an idiot. (No offense intended)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 14:24:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-5-2 09:35
Love to see his excellency the emu all judgemental and wigged. Morning your Lordship.

I will try to simplify my philosophy for your benefit because the  way you carry on you are bound to get mor ...

When you've got nothing to say, (most of the times) your posts are filled with thick bullsh*t followed by some  
And God I have no words to express how pathetic it looks like.
For everybody's sake, shed up.

[ Last edited by wertynest at 2007-5-2 02:26 PM ]
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 14:33:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2007-5-2 15:49
Thanks for noticing me.
Unfortunately my post was deleted. (Why?)...

Hey, you're right.
The only reason why you'd have been deleted would be that your post was the only succinct response which actually addressed wertynest's post (although I don't agree with your reply).

The moderator does not need the distraction of your relevant post to draw attention away from the utter garbage spewed by Mengzhi, Chunder and NW.   I think the mods are happy to let Mengzhi's mates go on making fools of themselves and for the rest us to point it out.

Wowser's obviously controversial ' on topic' response to wertynest

1 - They are jealous of Taiwanese wealth
Many Chinese are too busy making money to have time for jealousy
2 - They are pissed because of Taiwan being closed to Japan
You may not have heard but Japan and China have a rather large trading relationship
3 - They can't protest again their own sh*t, they try to find some elsewhere
There are tens of thousand of protests in China every year and a robust internet community
4 - They are brainwashed as kids (Kuomintang seen as a traitor, took the gold and took off, usual Mao crap)
Silly generalization, Chinese children are able to and do think for themselves
5 - They are brainwashed as adults (stinky nationalism, one China, Chinese's pride, usual victim crap)
Another silly generalisation, you obviously don't seem to have spent much time talking to them
6 - This BBS attracts an unusual high number of dumb fan-boys, happy to show the world they've learned some English.
That novelty is long gone, now you find yourself being debated by your equals

I do think wertynest made some important and relevant points.
He may have used strong and vivid language in making these points, but we know the people of France have a long and proud literary history, and Werty's language immediately grabs the attention as I presume he intended.
While the essence of your reply also has some truth to it (Japan and China do have a large trading relationship, and some "protest" is tolerated on the mainland), I don't believe it totally refutes the subtler message from Wertynest.

Overall, however, this is the sort of debate which I think the forum is for, which makes it strange that your contribution got the chop, but the irrelevant racist abuse from Mengzhi, Changabula and Northwest remained.

JB

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.