Views: 5374|Replies: 6

China Economic Situation and Interest Rates(IR) Adjustment Forcast [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-23 11:49:14 |Display all floors
China Economic Situation and Interest Rates(IR) Adjustment Forcast
DO you think Chinese economy is reasonable or sound ? if it is overheated , what job do you think Chinese government should do to adjust its economy ?. do you think raising interest rates would help the current situation ? your opinions are welcom here !
Single choice vote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
57.14% (4)
42.86% (3)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 13:16:16 |Display all floors
I don't feel China needs to adjust the IR because growing at a rate of 11% a year will not overheat the economy since China has alot of room to grow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 15:42:23 |Display all floors
but the rational housing prices , extensive fluctuations of CPR and flooded stock markets  all mark the danger of economic bubbles
i think Chinese government should take strong measures to cure its economy .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 18:18:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mjackson321 at 2007-4-23 15:42
but the rational housing prices , extensive fluctuations of CPR and flooded stock markets  all mark the danger of economic bubbles
i think Chinese government should take strong measures to cure i ...

Can you not earn some money from the Chinese stock market, just like many overseas investors do from your stock market, but in their homelands?  I understand equity investment is a risky business. How about investing in some closed end mutual funds or government bonds which guarantee the principle?

Many overseas companies managed to enrich themselves by taking advantage of the low-paid human resouces from your country. If everything continues to stay cheap, those overseas private equity firms will buy your country's assets at a huge discount. They will buy your country's cheap labour, raw resources, properties, factories and companies. At the end, they will leave nothing to your people. Don't forget that Carlyle has already bought Shanghai Media at a very low price.

[ Last edited by nz0324 at 2007-4-23 06:20 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 10:44:12 |Display all floors
Whether the Interest Rates should adjust or not, is a question depends  on what you look at the problem. In my opinion, it is true that the Economic Situation of China is too hot. In fact, the 11% GDP growth, doesn't represent the whole situation. The growth of the economic of China should change, meanwhile our attitude towards the statistic figures should alter too. We should pay more attention to the enhancement of the development and the enviroment, development with the harmony of the society. It is near-eyesighted to focus only on the figure instead of taking a all-round view towards the development of the whole society

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-19 17:16:51 |Display all floors
China's interest rates are too low, leading to frenzy and bubbled stock &  property markets.

it needs to be raised by 2 percentage points, I would think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-19 17:29:37 |Display all floors

Reply #6 chinadaily's post

Provincial and Central government Officials needs to do "more study tours" and to get an idea on how the people are coping with the rapid changes in China.

check on how the people are coping?
How are the rural people, in farming mode, adjusting to urban life.
How are people adjusting to the pace of city life etc.

we do not want to have "drug addiction", "growth of dangerous religions" etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During my trip to Pearl River Delta, i met mostly with people of Cantonese descent, Hakka's, Hunan (quite a lot actually), Hubei, Jiangxi, Guangxi....
It does seems that our Chinese heritage allow us to cope very well with urbanization. (something which the Blacks in Africa and some Riau, Patani has difficulties in adjusting to the new economic situation, working habits and entertainment liberalism. They could cope well with multi cultural enviroments.

It's kinda fun for me to do all this observations!

cheerios!

Green Dragon

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2007-6-19 05:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.