Views: 13816|Replies: 9

Does anyone eat tea leaves? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-23 08:22:32 |Display all floors
Does anyone eat tea leaves?

After I make a cup of tea, sometimes I take the tea leaves out of the tea bag and eat them.  

Is it safe to eat  the tea leaves?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 08:27:49 |Display all floors
no problem...
but I haven't did that.
MASQUE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 09:59:18 |Display all floors
I'd say it's safe. Well, I know it's safe to eat small amounts. I don't know if eating a handful a day of some strange kind of tea might be bad for you somehow. Black tea is pretty strong, and we don't know if you mean green tea, or some other herbal teas. I mean, I can't imagine you'd get poisoned or anything, but there may be some kind out there that might upset your stomach or something, particulary the fermented kinds (maybe?) (black, pu'er?) That's just my common sense and basic knowledge talking, I'm no expert**.

When I have tea by putting loose leaves directly in my cup I sometimes eat a few if they happen to reach my lips anyway.

**This is not intended to be medical advice. Consult your physician before attempting any new exercises such as tea leaf chewing.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 10:55:40 |Display all floors
Thanks guys and green tea is the type of tea I drink.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 11:17:57 |Display all floors
I bet Green tea is OK.

I drink Wulong, It is a semi fermented tea, and the taste of the leaves are not good, actually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 12:29:29 |Display all floors

I eat bamboo leaves

they taste bitter sometimes

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 12:59:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-4-23 13:29
they taste bitter sometimes

:)

You should try some thing else, such as the green tender shoot inisde of the lotus seed.

Then you will be impressed by what we call bitter.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.