Views: 6297|Replies: 12

Topics for CD English Club(BJ) Gathering on April 8, 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-4 13:24:39 |Display all floors
***********************************************************************************
                                   Colorful Domain English Club (Beijing)     

email:cdclub_bj@yahoo.com.cn
                                                       Since May 30, 2004   

***********************************************************************************

Time: 10.30am-12.30pm, April 8, 2007
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)

(It'd be highly appreciated if you could get there by 10:20 a.m.)

How to get there:Take Loop Line of the Subway, get off at Chaoyangmen Station, and take Exit A, walk around the Ministry of Foreign Affairs clockwise. The restaurant is right opposite MOFA's southeastern entrance.  

Host & Impromptu Speech Host: Amber
Prepared speaker: James
Meeting report writer: Joyce

Topic 1: Is there a Mentor in Your Life?
I certainly hope so! So, who was your greatest mentor in your life? Describe the most influential person in you life and the impact that they made on your life.
(Please go to our club’s website to finish a poll and let us know who your greatest mentor in your life was:
http://cdclub.3.forumer.com/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=680http://cdclub.3.forumer.com/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=680 )
Mentors are those who at a minimum achieve excellence in their given field and do a great job of sharing what they know in a caring manner that never leaves us feeling embarrassed, belittled, or that we are bothering them when we ask for their assistance or time. Mentors are those who gladly take extra time with us when needed. Mentors share their time and energy with us freely and gladly. They seem to enjoy interacting with us and they go the extra distance to get to know us personally and give us the experiences we need to develop as professionals. They don’t closely guard their time and expertise; they give them freely.

Topic 2: What’s your blue print for your life?

What’s your goal in your life or career? What character would like others to have seen in you? What kind of person do you want to be?
Wanna find out the answers of these questions? Then come to our April 8’s gathering! I’ve prepared a small game for this to let you find out more about yourself. Of course, I will just put a key in your hand; it’s your turn to unlock the door to find out what’s inside.

[ Last edited by amber_lee at 2007-4-4 02:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 14:24:49 |Display all floors

Awesome

Amber,we've seen your creativity and this time you are gonna impress us more?
By all means,this Sunday's party is gonna be not just  interesting and also exciting! can't wait to get into it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 14:39:25 |Display all floors

hello

I want to join ,but my oral english is poor .I don't know I can join you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 14:47:48 |Display all floors

To manchestergl

One of the most important rules to join our club is: Never say : My English is poor!

You can come and have a try to see whether this club is fit for you :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 17:35:29 |Display all floors
up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 17:44:37 |Display all floors

hello

我能在网上报名吗?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 17:54:29 |Display all floors
manchestergl , Just come there in time. There is no need to register in advance

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.