Author: middlekingdo

Racism against Chinese People; Selective Media [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-30 17:32:45 |Display all floors

Reply #16 seneca's post

This seneca is indeed a bigot! ---------The moment he sees a Chinese, he would want to get rid of him. But he is certainly comfortable with an English and American ruling presence in  every country.
Funny part is he got his freedom of hatred expressed out in China's media board!

[ Last edited by mianqin at 2007-3-30 05:35 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 19:01:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mianqin at 2007-3-30 14:31
This fact or reality, unfortunately, has been ignored and avoided in Chinese Universities, shunned by Chinese scholars. You, or we, were taught only about the glory sides of European culture, like the Enlightenment, the Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, etc., etc.  In short, China's Confucian culture is unable or unwilling or incapable of dealing with what is the control, the dominance, the aggressiveness --------------the dark but very essential part of European culture.   ...

Hmm, Chinese local education teach enough about western imperialism and how it created calamities. But yes, they don't teach enough about racism.

Racism as a theory is much needed when one nation needs to mobilize its people to conquer, colonize another land. After all, to send people far away to a very strange land, to face a very alien culture and to confront a very foreign people, you need make them believe that the foreign people are worthless or inferior than you are!  This is a very effective tool to pep up a fighting spirit to drive other people out of the land, or be a dominant class if you can not drive them out(like Hong Kong). This is a basic reason that the racism, both as a theory and a practice, started and flourished in 18th and 19th century Europe----to conquer North America, Africa, Asia and Oceania

I agree, that maybe it's also the root of "Clash of Civilizations". The difference between skin color, faiths and tradition etc etc.

THE reason you see more and more racism-against-Chinese news reported in the Chinese newspaper now is because more and more Chinese going out and doing business/or studying in European, North American or Oceania countries. I need point it out to you, that Hong Kong and Taiwan news media did not report it as much, even though their students and businessman had contact 20 years earlier with the West.

We need the spirit of "Al-Jazeera" into Chinese media, cool enough to fight western media hegemony.

I also need to point it out: you shall read or hear more of this. And the Chinese people is unprepared for this type of stuff.---------actually even the Chinese government is not prepared for it. One reason is because they are at government level. At this level, they encountered with or are surrounded with the Westerners who have less or concealed racial bigotry. But at the bottom line the racial bigotry is THE culprit for non-smooth China foreign relations with European or Anglo-Saxon countries. The reason they are “UNFRIENDLY” to China, or making up never-ending “China threat”  is that they are not comfortable with the Chinese. They want to exclude you out!

Uhmm, we are aware of this. Trusting them and the bullsh*t they brought is not in central government agenda. We simply different.
There's a theory about this, that decisions and incidents in world arena mostly based on self-identity and not only consideration of interest. Aussies and UK join the Iraqi war simply because they are of 'same kind', not only interest of exploiting oil. China won't have the seat in western led hegemony, we still need to find our own way.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 20:42:48 |Display all floors
middlekingdo: Are you saying there isn't selective news everywhere? Including China.
I am certainly not sticking up for the so called West, I could be living there now if I wanted to be. I am a Hong Konger and spent my post secondary education years in Canada. I can assure you and anyone reading this thread that in Canada people are taught to be colour blind from the first years of their education. In cities like Toronto there is no dominant race.
I have traveled to many U.S. states and it is much the same, the main difference is that Canada is multicultural while the U.S. is a melting pot.
I have traveled to most parts of the world, mostly from opportunity not because I am rich.
About the media, well I have seen some extreme examples of China's short comings in so called western media but I would say that Í haven't seen an outright lie.

To: zglobal
Quote: Asian lives are worth less in the west and that is a fact. So are African lives. Please don;t try to deny that.
Your completely off base here, not even in the ball park. Please don't try to deny that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 22:04:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mianqin at 2007-3-30 16:31
I need point it out to you, that Hong Kong and Taiwan news media did not report it as much, even though their students and businessman had contact 20 years earlier with the West.

I think HK people had much longer contact with "The West". One of my mother's friends at a boarding school in Melbourne was from HK, and that was in the 1950s.
HK citizens travelling regularly to Europe, Australia and other "western" countries would have preceded that by decades.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 23:51:52 |Display all floors

The Anglows are Scum

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 23:57:42 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 00:15:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jetsam at 2007-3-30 23:51

It's not just Chinese, it's all ethnic minorities and countries the Anglows want to invade and thieve from.

Blacks are always killed by Anglows, yet, as Michael Moore has also noted, it's  ...

Are serious?  Blacks are fives times more to kill a white then the opposite.  Also blacks are 13% of the American population but hold over 40% in jail.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.