Post time 2007-3-28 22:37:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 28-3-2007 14:31
well said..

Thank You Chairman. :)

"People all over the world join hands"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 22:40:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ah1988 at 2007-3-28 22:29
And it is true. The west in many cases has been racist towards the Chinese. But everyone who is not "White" suffers from racism. There is no generalisation here. Not all "White" ...

Well said.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 22:53:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-3-28 22:09
You're frothing at the mouth, and not making any sense with that statement. ...

Too hard for you?

According to the report, Bush wanted to bomb Al Jazeera but Tony Blair convinced him not to do so.
Now I am not a fan of Bush, he's an idiot. I find it utterly incredible that he'd want to bomb an independent TV station. Many Al Jazeera staff are from the BBC's Arabic service anyway and I don't think Al Jazeera is the biased media outlet that some right wingers claim. There is no justification for attacking Al Jazeera and Bush was stupid (if not criminal) to want to do so. Fortunately commonsense from Tony Blair brought Bush to his senses.

Yeah of course, only when I brought this issue, you defensively say... "I'm against it". Things certainly different when it's about China's, am I wrong?

OK, you're shifting the goal posts again. Look I don't agree with intimidation of any media, but I think media should be fair and reasonable and not a propaganda outlet for governments (sorry CD). If Al Jazeera is being "bullied" then that is wrong. It is also wrong to cut the throats of American finance journalists in Pakistan.

Ohh... that's your point. You said it again, CD as government propaganda, but it's okay for you to have CIA and US budget directly financed several major western news station. You don't consider this hypocrisy?

Dear Northwest, you do so overestimate your own intellectual prowess don't you?

Fyi, you have a lot to learn from me. But vice versa, I have something to learn from you too, about how thick your face is and how to act as a supremacist shamelessly. The Chinese tradition place too much emphasize on 'face', I have this to learn from you, how to be annoyingly shameless.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 23:23:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by red_devil at 2007-3-28 17:17
Indonesian Chinese overseas hold 70% of Indonesia economic, that's why Indonesian natives dislike them.

This is not true, Indonesian Chinese hold just 70% of private sector economy. Certainly not all of Indonesian economy.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 01:02:46 |Display all floors

Gotta disagree

seneca can be an obnoxious boor but he doesn't hate the Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 01:14:42 |Display all floors

"you do so overestimate your own intellectual prowess"

Almost a common denominator here, don't ya think?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.