Author: middlekingdo

Racism against Chinese People; Selective Media [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-1 19:28:27 |Display all floors

mianqin

Your last sentence clears it all up "They want to exclude you out!"
That means you are not Chinese.
I have lived in North America for several years, though I don't like it there I can say that people of every race in the world are welcomed as equal citizens.
I have even seen some companies do reverse discrimination by prefering to hire recent immigrants from China because of the better work ethics, eat lunch in the office get back to work on time and putting in a days work. And of course all the pay is equal to all the others until the hard working guy from China gets a raise and is making more than the others.
It is hard to understand everything you were trying to say but it seems to me like you have a chip on your shoulder.
Ah1988:
That is complete bull. Where are you coming from?
If you are talking about pressure to increase the value of the RMB or slapping tariffs on goods imported from China, this is the way any country protects it's own economy. Why is the RMB fixed in the first place?
If China wants to enjoy the benefit of being a player in the world market people have to learn to let things roll off their shoulders a little more. Every country receives criticism from within and without. Chinese mainlanders can't see the news that we can here in Hong Kong and have no idea about the criticism that governments get all over the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 19:34:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2007-4-1 14:04

Were you talking of yourself in the plural form?

"stonehenge", the neanderthal:

Slimy deviants like you will always spout your vile, evil racism against us. But the tide is changing. We are geting more rich and powerful. Soon no racist like yourself will be able to do anything to us. That will reduce your racists effects against our people!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 20:17:26 |Display all floors
Seneca, Chang here is a big fan of the royal "we".

"We are not amused!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 21:22:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middlekingdo at 28-3-2007 08:40
Why are so many people in countries with Chinese immigrants so racist against them?  Why does the Chinese government (s) do nothing about this.  Why does Western Media only report things like " ...

One main reason is that western principles are based on so-call "free speech". Although respect is still considered important,  free-speech is even more important even if free speaking causes disrespect. So don't take everything in the western media so seriously and make your own judgements. Those racists you referred to are usually a minority and are of course ignorant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 23:03:35 |Display all floors
"Slimy deviants like you will always spout your vile, evil racism against us. But the tide is changing. We are geting more rich and powerful. Soon no racist like yourself will be able to do anything to us. That will reduce your racists effects against our people!"

Here is a classic example of Fenqing angst and a desire for people to "PAY ATTENTION TO OUR GROWING WEALTH AND POWER!! WE ARE TEH RULE!!!111 WE WILL PWN THE SILLY BARBARIANS!!11".

The truth is, most people anywhere don't really give a damn one way or another about China, any more than they give a damn one way or another about Russia, Brazil, Kazakhstan, or any other foreign country for that matter. There is no "conspiracy" against China. I think Chinese ubernationalists flatter themselves by thinking that most people really give that much of a toot, to be honest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 05:59:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by irishinuk at 2007-4-1 23:03
The truth is, most people anywhere don't really give a damn one way or another about China, any more than they give a damn one way or another about Russia, Brazil, Kazakhstan, or any other foreign country for that matter. There is no "conspiracy" against China. I think Chinese ubernationalists flatter themselves by thinking that most people really give that much of a toot, to be honest.

Irish Joker:

Are you blind as well as dumb?

Everyone cares about China as can be seen by the way they are going out of their way to do business with the Chinese.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 21:13:33 |Display all floors
changabula:
People aren't going out of their way to do business with China, China offers a competitive market to produce goods. No one is closing their eyes to any other competive markets, it doesn't make sense.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.