Views: 119943|Replies: 309

what's the image of china in the foreigners' eyes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-14 23:21:56 |Display all floors
i don't know what is the image of china in the foreigner'  eyes.i really want to know how the foriegners think of china.there are many rummors said that the chinese image is very bad in the international community.i don't know why.especially in the foreign forum  http://www.mylot.com/?ref=liangrifle,  i find that chinese image is not good in the foreigners'  eyes.i feel sad about it.i don't know what's wrong with my country.

[ Last edited by herifle at 2007-3-14 11:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 23:41:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 05:06:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by herifle at 2007-3-14 23:21
i don't know what is the image of china in the foreigner'  eyes.i really want to know how the foriegners think of china.there are many rummors said that the chinese image is very bad in the interna ...

Get over it and get a life!

Its a silly question and therefore deserves a silly answer!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 05:48:41 |Display all floors
I think the opinion differs from place to place, but as a student of Chinese language/history/culture and as someone who lived in China (mostly Beijing) for 9 months, I say it's a very interesting place. I'm not a fan of the government or the pollution, but other than that, China is a pretty amazing place. Food is great, the scenery can be gorgeous, the people are generally friendly, the history is fascinating... and so on and so forth. I'd love to return!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 11:02:51 |Display all floors
I think if your really serious about getting a real opionon of  your country your going to have to go to a non chinese government run board. This one censors too much. Its gotten better at not censoring but if there is anything too negative then you will never know the variety of opionons about China. There is plenty of things wrong with China as with any other country but I think for the most part people we are all the same. I think China is trying its best lately to clean up its image to the world and it is putting its best foot forward. People are starting to take notice. China is too new to the world right now to form an over all opionon. China has just recently opened its doors. I think if you ask this same questions ten years from now you will get a defininte answer.
Right now I think most forgineers are scared of a communist country; so in general they fear China. Having lived in China my self I always reassure them that there is nothing to worry about; and that China has its own internal problems to solve before its a major players on an international level.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 12:30:59 |Display all floors
East is east, west is west. We have a lot culture difference to consider.   And for many of the expatriate communities, they look China though their glass windows of ivory towers.   It's like rich looking down at poor.  Don’t be sad.  There is something wonderful about our people and our culture.  It will take a while to bridge the communication gap.   

That bridge will be built by every one of us, Chinese who love our country and the friends of China!   And there will be enemies of us who will block our way!   I wish you’d understand that we do have enemies; even we wish everyone is friend of China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 13:14:21 |Display all floors
To be honest, I don't think most people in Europe and N America really think about China that often. I'd say that when China comes to mind, most people think of Mao, today's economic growth, rice, martial arts, pandas and fireworks, in no particular order. :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.