Views: 2692|Replies: 4

Why does Chinese people overseas has so low birth rates? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-2 06:58:09 |Display all floors
Look at the Chinese outside the mainland, and what you find is quite striking. They simply refuse to have any offspring. Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore and Taiwan have the lowest fertility rates in the world, even lower than the catastrophic birth rates of Eastern Europe. Also, out of all the ethnic groups in the US, the Chinese are at the bottom of the list when it comes to birth rates. The influence of Chinese in US society is thus fading away gradually. In Canada, the Chinese is still a large group because of substantial immigration, but they refuse to have children, well below the natural rate of 2,1 children per woman needed to maintain the population. Why is Chinese so reluctant to have children, and don't they see that it will be disastrous in the future?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-2 21:56:10 |Display all floors

Go to government web sites they have a lot of info

As I know their is no stats on how many people who were born to ethnic Chinese overseas.
When a person becomes a citizen of another country, by naturalization or birth they are no longer Chinese and there is no record kept of ethnic or racial minorities in the U.S. or Canada. For certain both of those countries encourage full integration into society and do not differenciate based on race.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 02:14:06 |Display all floors
In rich economies, people are more concerned about their career then having kids and with those economies the cities become modern which the apartments become smaller because high cost of living.

Who wants to have one or two kids when living in a one bedroom apartment?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 07:25:16 |Display all floors

that's so GAY...

howdy,mates--FYI...the above subject line means, that's so incorrect or so dump!  chinese's family still the biggest family on earth (excluded mainland, china) that i have known...my parents have 8 of us, i guess maybe no TV back then to entertain them or they just competed with my neighbor right next door to us (our next door neighbor has 16 kids of their own...no kidding her litter is bigger than i guess a female hawg) .  YES, these days we don't get "supersize family" like mine anymore because people are insecure with their job or profession...but the REAL deal is people want to enjoy life more than before; people don't want the pressure from work & family to single them out.  of course, the rich & famous can afford any family size that they want...but still they rather enjoy life & mobility than tighten up with kids!  having less kids not just because they are intellectual or well off...just because they are not capable of something or handicap in one way or another...for instance, my parents & my neighbor have done it...so can you (just leave me out of this, cuz i still want to learn more 'bout women...just love to being with 'em) .  take good care!   peter  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 08:57:07 |Display all floors

-

Each Chinese family I know have 2-3 children. (USA)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.