Views: 4041|Replies: 8

Colorful Domain CLUB Meeting report on Feb.4, 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-5 12:13:27 |Display all floors
I really had good time with my Club members today. It is February 4th, our CD Club’s 128th regular meeting and also it is the first day of spring. It’s a day people will have chun juan (a kind of Chinese dim sum) to celebrate the coming of spring season. It’s a day to start something significant as Hudson mentioned during his opening speech.

The lucky impromptu speech speakers today were Crystal and Joanna.

Crystal told us how she would consider buying a second hand car. She wants a cute, four passenger car which is very easy to drive. Claude reminded her that in buying a second hand car, the most important thing is whether the car is safe and built with good quality, Crystal is going to ask her mechanic friend to help her test the car before she buys it.

As the host, Hudson taught us about CAF (considering all factors) a method for getting a second hand car that is that has a good price, is safe, and in good condition.

Joanna told us the advantages and disadvantages of removing bus seats. Certainly buses can hold more passengers without any seats. But pregnant women will feel really tired standing for a long time. And it will be the same with the sick and disabled. Little kids are pretty short and surrounded by adults will be crushed. Joanna suggested adding more buses to solve the problem during peak times rather than taking out the seats. Alahji who joined us after a long time, suggested the idea of making bus seats removable. Then during peak times the seats can be folded away. Hudson told us that in Bangkok there are buses without any seats to move more people during peak times.

James gave us a speech on how to keep healthy. At the beginning of the speech he asked us a question, what do we think is the most important thing health, money or love? He said health is like the number 1 of “1,000,000”, it’s the basis of life, if we have good health then we can make lots of things and add as many zero as we want. Later on he gave us some tips on how to lead a healthy life. At the end, he mentioned one of the ways to have good health is to have a cold from time to time. For two “good” reasons: it’s a good excuse to ask for sick leave to relax and it’s a good way to build a strong immune system

We had two group discussion topics; Topic A was about Mr. Hou Yao Hua, a famous comic who knelt down to present an award to an invalid teacher who had been teaching on his knees for 36 years at a ceremony televised by CCTV4 on Jan.21, 2007. Topic B was about how to spend spring festival.

We have three tables; the presenters are Joyce, Crystal, Balan and Neil. We all can understand that Mr. Hou was moved and showed his respect to the invalid teacher for his touching story. Neil in support of Mr. Hou said it is acceptable and understandable to show such emotions. In regards to the spring festival we all agreed that it’s a time for family reunion. Most of us will go home and stay with our parents, sibling and relatives. Some members suggested that traveling with parents is a good way to escape the pressure in the traditional customs of meeting and dining. This spring festival is going to be a special one for our newcomer Veronica who just graduated from the university and is just starting to earn money. Now she will be independent and able to do things like give pocket money to her relative’s kids.

I’ll fly home next Saturday; I wish all the club members a very happy spring festival!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 16:56:50 |Display all floors

Wanna know more about Colorful Domain English Club?

Check the links out as following:

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D1

http://cdclub.3.forumer.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-6 08:11:31 |Display all floors

Reply #2 joycezou's post

"Crystal told us how she would consider buying a second hand car".What does "how"mean here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-6 08:43:27 |Display all floors

to Joyce

Well done, Joyce.

Your report brings us back to the morning two days ago.  You're, definitely, a great listener and observer so that you can keep what was going on deeply in your mind.

It's a pity you will not be with us the coming Sunday, hence, I, on behalf of my family, wish you a happiest Festival.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-6 08:51:57 |Display all floors

to zyhwyy

Thanks for your interest in the Club and your attention to the meeting report.

On the morning 2 days ago Crystal was requested, as the impromptu speaker, to emumerate what she would take into consideration if she intended to buy a second-handed car. We brainstormed that ownership, mechanical condition of the car, color, size, price should be carefully thought over. It's a training of thinking.

Thanks again.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-6 10:59:59 |Display all floors
Hello ,I want to join your club ,do you have regular meeting in this sunday morning? if you have ,I hope i could take this chance to know you all,thank you !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-6 16:50:38 |Display all floors

to Happymindy

Thanks for your interest in the Club.

Please check the links out as following:

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D1

http://cdclub.3.forumer.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.