Views: 11510|Replies: 20

Chinese women have freedom or bondage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-24 12:57:39 |Display all floors
Freedom To What? vs. Bondage From What?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-26 22:01:26 |Display all floors

Give them good education and they will fight for the equality

They need a national woman leader to have a seat in the parliment. hahaha!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-5 22:42:43 |Display all floors

Chinese Women

It is a feature of most - if not all - countries in the world that women tend to be subject to traditions and social mores that have the effect of reducing their freedom of choice and action. Of course, that restricted freedom is a relative phenomenon; the more hide-bound a country is by past traditions, the more probable it is that women will bear the brunt of what are, for the most part, male-initiated strictures and conventions. Perhaps the best example of this is the way Muslim women are treated as second-class citizens within an Islamic context. Having to cover their faces and bodies in public, spending most of their time confined to their homes, and their adherenc to their husband, or father's, wishes, are all signs of curtailed freedoms.

Chinese women are not so restricted, and there are encouraging signs that they will enjoy greater freedoms in the future, but they have a long way to go before they enjoy societal status on a par with their Western sisters. Arranged marriages and the diktat that daughters must concentrate on their studies and foreswear all romantic contact with boys, are but two features of the social oppression of women in China.

I think the two passports to greater freedom are education and/or the economic freedom that comes with meaningful employment.  

I, for one, hope their emancipation within a largely phallocentric society is not too far away.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-9 19:50:05 |Display all floors

mmm

Hey, I only hope my Chinese woman likes bondage...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 18:09:23 |Display all floors

Very strange!

It is always Chinese males who answer questions that women should answer. The men in China try not to let women give their opinions about their own lives. Chinese men want their women to be traditional and to be inferior house pets and the mother of a SON...not a worthless daughter.

China's women should unite in power and tell the men to go have their own damn sons, hehehehehe!!!!!

The Chinese men tell wonderful stories of how much equality women have, but the women never speak for themselves, because the men are more equal than them, hehehehe!!!

That is why many Chinese girls post, asking to meet western guys for marriage. In America, Chinese women have so very many more positions of power, and they have far more money and wealth than any woman in china.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 18:17:45 |Display all floors

ubersuave

You kinky guy! I think you will find a girl who likes bondage, who will enjoy tying you with ropes and spanking you, hehehe!!!

ubersuave
+ Send message
  mmm
Hey, I only hope my Chinese woman likes bondage...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-10 18:38:49 |Display all floors

mmm

Yeah bluetiger, I've been a really naughty boy.  

Treat me bad mistress.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.