Views: 3494|Replies: 6

Report on Colorful Domain English Club(BJ) Jan.28 Meeting [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-29 19:50:14 |Display all floors
Once again did Amber, the emcee for the Club's Jan.28 meeting, prove herself creative, responsive and good at motivating.

Amber revealed her great creativity by designing her Dating Game, an interesting game in the first half of which 3 men, i.e. James, Kevin and Richard, had to answer questions raised by Amber one after another, and the best answerer elected by the audience would be able to ask her out. In the second half Hudson, very luckily, tested 3 daring girls (Joyce, Joanna and Cathy) with temporarily-selected questions. Richard and Joanna became the winners of the game, enabling themselves to date their respective dreams.

The election for the winner convinced us of Amber's great motivating talents. During the first half of the game James, a newcomer, said he would bestow beautiful lilies to Amber to prove himself a romantic man. However, Cecilia (speaking good English), the other newcomer that morning, fired at him because, according to her, lilies are under most circumstances gifts for patients, and they're suffocatingly fragrant unless put in a huge room, and they're so oversized to block the flower recipient when presented. God knows how she knows everything about lilies.

In the second half Kevin spoke out his belief that Joanna, a young girl, was a good match for Hudson because Hudson was a very practical person and Joanna claimed the man she wanted must be physically strong rather than humorous and fashionable.

In addition to the election, Amber took use of several votes associated with the topics she picked for group discussion to get everyone involved: (1) Can you keep friendship with your ex? (2) Have you ever consulted any fortunetellers? (3) Do you have any closest friends of the opposite gender? ''Yes'' is, not surprisingly, minority, while a heated debate broke out between Ivy and the combination of Kevin & Joyce. K & J told about their respective experiences and concluded they had made it, but Ivy insisted that they were playing with fire.

Amber is not omnipotent, and she almost forgot Jolene's prepared speech that morning due to the heated Dating Game. Nevertheless, she put Jolene on the stage immediately when she realized that. It was my first time to witness Jolene's speech Perseverance Makes Miracle, but I was overwhelmed by her strong confidence and eloquence, along with her two stories in her speech.

James, Joyce and Richard did the presentations. James, a Sichuan single, was expected to work in Beijing for 1 year. He confessed that he was under great pressure as soon as he moved into the metropolis, and definitely, he would be going back to his hometown when his term here came to an end. He told me under the table that in his mind  Beijing was the first city not suitable for human being to live in. Could he be a fortuneteller? Hope not.

[ Last edited by skylinker at 2007-1-30 09:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 17:38:09 |Display all floors

WOW

Glad to see your report again, Hudson.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 13:59:47 |Display all floors

to Fatemaster

Also nice to see you here again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 20:45:24 |Display all floors
It seems interesting, hope I was there that time.Wow

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 22:07:36 |Display all floors

to Arthur

Hope you'll be there the coming Sunday, Arthur.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 14:10:45 |Display all floors
Sorry! Since I am a newcomer, so I am a little bit confused. Could you tell me more about this "Colorful Domain English Club(BJ)"? Or, could you show me from where can I find the relevant information?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 16:46:20 |Display all floors

Wanna know more about Colorful Domain English Club?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.