Author: chairman

SHUT STARBUCKS in the FORBIDDEN PALACE... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-15 00:07:32 |Display all floors
"NOW MANY OF US CAN ENJOY STAR BUCKS COFFEE
without the invasion of the Forbidden Palace in the back of our minds..."

I read this wrong at first and thought it was a really good joke.  Something like 'Now I can finally enjoy my Starbucks coffee without having all that imperial architecture shoved in my face'.

"Would these individuals allow Starbuks to open up in the Whitehouse or in Buckingham Palace?"
Which individuals?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 01:36:03 |Display all floors

Feels Good

""Why do some of the Chinese nationals are so hostile toward foreign companies that enter such landmarks as the Forbidden City, but feel so proud when a Chinese businessman buys into a German airport?"

As long as Unocal stays the rule, this is just par for the course.  

Never could understand why anyone would pay so much money for globs of fat molecules and sugar and caffeine anyway.  I serve only green tea to my guests.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 01:47:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 2007-1-21 18:55
let me open a few Chinese Beer outlets inside the WHITE HOUSE in Washington..

then let me open a few some Chinese made Gift Shops inside the Queens Palace i ...

Please do, America is multicultural and open for business.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 01:58:32 |Display all floors

Sometimes I do wonder

Last time I went traveling as a tourist beyond the big cities, it became confusing.  The natural scenery are certainly varied, America being such a big country and call.  But the man made things are, so, how do you say it, "uniform."  All of the towns look so very much alike, with their Mac-everything.  I wonder where that "multicultural" gig resides.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 02:38:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 03:55:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2007-7-15 00:07
"Would these individuals allow Starbuks to open up in the Whitehouse or in Buckingham Palace?"
Which individuals?

How about Dubya and the Queen serving me coffee when I visit?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 06:06:26 |Display all floors
An examination of history shows that economic progress has occurred in the West, in areas settled by European Civilization. However, it has not occurred in areas outside the West except through Western contact. Consider the case of China. In the early 20th century, before it had much contact with the West, the condition and living standards of most Chinese peasants was not much different as it was 3000 years before. If China never had contact with the West, there is little evidence to suppose that the condition of these peasants would be any better 3000 years from now.  --wiki--

Go starbucks

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.