Views: 15051|Replies: 49

Century debate: western VS eastern [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-5 14:54:51 |Display all floors
there is a funny century debate about western and eastern, we will reference to the regular debate...and you know a debate including three factors:

the topic, the proposition (support), and the opposition...

and the proposition's topic is : future belongs to eastern ...

the proposition's topic is :future belongs to western...

all of you can share your opinion...

and the method is so simple, first to show you are proposition or opposition....then give your reason why you support or opposite...

the contents is so so wide, including all for physical , economy , military , culture, sports....

you'd better to attached your data or case for it...

welcome more of you take part in the debate...

thanks

[ Last edited by sexlion at 2007-1-5 02:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 15:02:04 |Display all floors
another one-track-minded topic...duh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 16:48:30 |Display all floors

can exercise us more for this topic

Originally posted by superkylin at 2007-1-5 15:02
another one-track-minded topic...duh

hey...

maybe it's not a so attract and fresh topic...

but believe can exercise us more, if you take part in...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 18:35:05 |Display all floors
god knows who will dominate, at least, i only wish the whole world can live in peace esp my own country
flying without wings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-6 09:26:40 |Display all floors

peace is the premise for my subject...

Originally posted by countrywoman at 2007-1-5 18:35
god knows who will dominate, at least, i only wish the whole world can live in peace esp my own country

peace is the premise for my subject...

we should look western and eastern as two brothers...to discuss which one can get a good performance/mark in the future...

in emotional, I wish eastern will dominate in the future...although now western is so advanced...

all of know...in currently, western means developed, most eastern means developing...impersonality to say...eastern need 30 year to follow western at least...

but I trust eastern will become better and better...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-6 10:51:08 |Display all floors
what's your defination of belong?In my view, both east and west boasts its own unique this or that..it just differs in which domain they are more prevail. THe west enriches both in military and materialism, however, the east is the cradle of time-honored culture, it's just uncomparable.....i highly embrace this phrase that materialism is the very foundation of a developed country, but when the country (for eg,west europe)cease to develop, other countries will surpass them,it's definitely true. So....er....i believe in about 100 years, the pattern of world will change dramatically without much notice..
                                                                                                              Nana
flying without wings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-6 14:50:46 |Display all floors

should be dominate

Originally posted by countrywoman at 2007-1-6 10:51
what's your defination of belong?In my view, both east and west boasts its own unique this or that..it just differs in which domain they are more prevail. THe west enriches both in military and ma ...

hehe...nana...

you are right...maybe the "belong to " words is not so suitable for it... my means is which one will dominate the world in the future...you know, now western is more advanced than eastern...

in my opinion...

in war period, the military can decide your position, of course, who can win the war, who can dominate the world...and the failer will be slave...

in peace period, who can keep political advantage can decide if you can dominate others...and the political advantage lie on your economic and military...of course, pym can give some help for you...

and the winner can dominate more, such as use your standard to all standard, use your language to be offical language...you goods means good reputation...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.