Which is your favourite Chinese ancient books? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-30 19:30:03 |Display all floors
The Read Mansion Dream
The story of the Three Kindoms
Maybe say?:)
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 12:39:56 |Display all floors
ancient books....this definition of "ancient books" kind of confused me, is it about ancient or written in ancient? Is it about novels or any kind of books?

Dream of Red Mansion...the language's intriguing....while I think compared with it three kingdoms is kind of plain...I meant the language, not the not-such-a-real-history story  :)

And I love tao te ching, not a "book" I think, it's 81 sentences concentrated of weird thoughts and wisdom, laozi's such a weird guy, I think I can never understand his theory totally, but there's something attracting you to explore....you have to think over and trying hard to understand....while at the end you still couldn't understand him but you could understand your own mind.

Then I like qu yuan's tian wen...again...another paranoid...I love that....it's a torturing of your mind

And a real "ancient" book, known as shan hai jing...I just enjoyed those weird tales and stories...

like these mostly....:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 13:07:42 |Display all floors
The Journey to the West (English translated edition)
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 13:50:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 14:11:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whirlingone at 2006-11-30 19:30
The Read Mansion Dream
The story of the Three Kindoms
Maybe say?:)

haven't got chance to read,,,
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-2 05:03:51 |Display all floors

Three Kingdom & Zhong Yong (Doctrine of the Mean)

Three Kingdom - The intrigues, valor, suspense and plots are EXCELLENT and a great entertaining book to read. Read it 3 times ..or is it 2 times?

Zhong Yong - Sir Confucius sure was enlightened about how people should regulate themselves in any society

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-3 12:20:08 |Display all floors
The Zuo's Explanation of the Spring-Autumn Classic

A book written in the Pre-Qin Period, recording the great soul of Huaxia Nation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.